New Pilot Animations

Devil 505

Hoping ED can answer this one.  Any time frame on when we can expect the new pilot animations as shown in the recent videos?  I only fly VR with the pilot activated and am very much looking forward to the new animations launching with the carrier as shown in the video below (1:05).  I was hoping it would be in this last patch.  It also looked like there were possibly some new ones in the SA trailer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

I only fly VR with the pilot activated and am very much looking forward to the new animations launching with the carrier as shown in the video below (1:05).

It's already in game, just in external view :thumbup:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

41 minutes ago, draconus said:

It's already in game, just in external view :thumbup:

I do not recall seeing it in external view with the new patch.  Is there a special option we need to select for these?  I will look later this evening using the free cam.  The F-18 pilots hand in the video transition from folding the launch bar in the cockpit to the stick smoothly.  Is there any indication we will get this in first person in VR?  That would take the immersion to a whole new level. 

58 minutes ago, draconus said:

I only fly VR with the pilot activated and am very much looking forward to the new animations launching with the carrier as shown in the video below (1:05).

Just loaded several mission from a hot start on board the super carrier and its a no go.  No animations from the external or internal model.  Went through the settings and did not see anything.  Also tried this outside of VR.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I am guessing this is not implemented yet.  I did not notice it in the patch update notes.  I could have missed it, but I am fairly sure its not out yet.  

You're wrong. Tested on latest beta. F/A-18C Lot 20 AI launching from Stennis in F2 view it's clearly visible - pilot grabs the towel rack during launch and then grabs the stick.

I don't even own the Hornet to see this so I can't tell you how it looks in the cockpit.

Screen_220612_092443.jpg

Edited by draconus
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

18 hours ago, draconus said:

You're wrong. Tested on latest beta. F/A-18C Lot 20 AI launching from Stennis in F2 view it's clearly visible - pilot grabs the towel rack during launch and then grabs the stick.

I don't even own the Hornet to see this so I can't tell you how it looks in the cockpit.

Interesting.  I wonder if this is only AI that grabs it then?  Be curious if the intention is to carry this over to the player driven hornets ect.....  I will record a video this week of what I am talking about.  Fairly certain now this is an AI thing only until later down the road.  Little disappointed.  I was wanting this bad in VR right now

5 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Fairly certain now this is an AI thing only until later down the road.

It takes 1 minute to test yourself. Launch in Hornet in F2 view and check. I believe you'll see the animation then but your F1 pilot lacks the animation atm. Might be planned for later.

Similar to the Tomcat thumb up in external view. There's no pilot implemented yet so you can only see this animation as the reflection in the mirror in F1 but I hope new pilot body will do the gestures.

• 3 weeks later...

AI Hornet animations were long in the game. Player animations are supposedly being worked on but it takes huge amount of time and resources.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta