Tanking mission

Hello fellow pilots,

For the advanced training in a A-10C2 i need to come close to a tanker and load fuel 3x for 10 sec each.  Behind the tanker there is no way i can approach and get fuel  because the "hose" is directly behind the tail and not under the Tanker

Tacan is in the right freq, so is the AM radio. When i make contact i get no response.

Question: is this training broken or do  i miss something?

You'll need to contact the tanker and call "intent to refuel" ; he'll lower the boom for you. Once you are close, call "ready pre-contact" he will either call "return pre-contact" (you must be within specific paramters to be cleared in) or "cleared contact" at which point you can approach the boom. Note that after disconnecting, you will need to press the nosewheel steering button to reset the refueling gate.

11 hours ago, Arveear64 said:

When i make contact i get no response.

You mean physical contact with the boom or the radio comms menu?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

16 hours ago, Arveear64 said:

Hello fellow pilots,

For the advanced training in a A-10C2 i need to come close to a tanker and load fuel 3x for 10 sec each.  Behind the tanker there is no way i can approach and get fuel  because the "hose" is directly behind the tail and not under the Tanker

Tacan is in the right freq, so is the AM radio. When i make contact i get no response.

Question: is this training broken or do  i miss something?

HI.

Acording to your description, you haven't permission to join, as @feefifofumsaid. 

Set correct radio freq. Use this radio/freq, not othe other ones.

Fly to a left formation and do a first call, telling your intentions to join. Wait for the tanker to allow you to "pre-contact position". You should see the tanker lights up the nav lights.

Once cleared, place your AC behind the tanker (about 100 meters), declare "ready precontact". If in the correct position, the tanker should "clear to join", and the boom should descend. Fly to the correct position and stay there until the boom operator made his mouvement. Don¡t forget to press the NWS button in your JOY to get the ready light an be able to receive fuel. Stay there...

Hope this helps.

Saludos.

Saca111