Well lets start.....

1. World Map

2 Dynamic Campaign

3. More Air Craft Blue vs Red

4. Combined Arms improvements - Air - Land and Sea

4. A.i in various areas of sim and game-play

5. Naval Warfare - Carrier Strike Group

6. Start adding commercial aviation for E.g Trainers

7. Proper Training pipeline and use of methods and systems for Single Player and Multi-player - E.g  Pilatus PC-9 or a Cessna 172  with A.i instructor pilot training instrument and flight rating.

8. Develop more the Single Player functionality also to include missions and training programs.

9. Various Global Training Ranges need not be factual,  fictional is just fine respecting UNCLASSIFIED IS A MUST and compromises is just as good than having nothing.

10. Full ATC systems and Airport Operations

11. Please Finished Products moving forward is a must!

12. Improved community modding tools for anything, is a must for growing communities.

P.S - Thank you ED for all the work thus far and to the Military partners that have allowed licenses and privileges for home entertainment!

Hoping for more as developments continues. 😎👌

Edited by WRAITH
  • Like 3

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

On 6/24/2022 at 8:06 AM, WRAITH said:

The Future of Digital Combat Sim | Eagle Dynamics

Jun 22, 2022

Well lets start.....

1. World Map

2 Dynamic Campaign

3. More aircraft Blue vs Red

I wish you would be more specific on item 3. I'm interested in Seeing DCS focus on what I termed a full Eco system, which is a map at least two opposing fighters and enough AI assets to have a mission. For the modern era, this would mean adding the most advanced Russian and Chinese aircraft in the form of AI assets. Though I think ED really needs to go back through and focus on the years 1945 - 1973.  Nothing in this era would be classified. We have a nice flyable line up forming for the Korean era BlueFor (F-86, F4U, and F-51) we need more flyable RedFor aircraft as well as some more early jets (flyable will be ideal but AI assets would fine.) we also need RedFor ground forces.

The Vietnam era currently in the pipeline, but it is shaping up nicely. We have the MiG-21 Bis,MiG-19, F-5E, UH-1, the A-4 mod, the F-4, F-8, A-6 and A-7 are in the pipeline. We would need some period USAF assets. I'd love to see the Hun and the Thud as well as a B-52D, for example. 

I believe we have the Mirage F1 and Mirage III in the pipeline as well as the MiG-23 so it looks like we will be able to have a reasonable recreation of the Arab-Israeli wars on the Syria map. 

4. Combined Arms improvements - Air - Land and Sea

I've been going on about this for quite some time. Combined Arms needs a lot of work and as people who follow me know I believe Eagle needs to separate the land and sea environment. I figured it would be best to create two families of themed modules the land moduels would remain Combined Arms and I suggested the Naval modules should be Fleet Ops. The modules would take the place of asset packs so they would need a set theme such as era or theater, so if you buy Combined Arms : Arab-Israeli Wars for example you will get enough playable ground vehicles to have a decent campaign set on the Syria map some time between 1967 and 1973 and if you don't you get enough AI assets to build a really good mission. Next there would need to be a proceeding overhaul of land and sea assets. For example if Eagle gets is about to release Fleet ops :Tanker Wars or Fleet ops :Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club we'd see the new AI assets start to appear as well as improved old ones. I think a good starting point might be the Iowas. Ideally the module with the Iowas, would be a fast battleship module which would obviously feature all the fittings of the Iowas (WW II, Korea, Vietnam, 1980s) but also the HMS Vanguard, KMS Bismark, IJS Yamato and the Kirov-class battlecruisers, more ship classes would be nice but I think that would be a good starting pack.

4. A.i in various areas of sim and game-play

5. Naval Warfare - Carrier Strike Group

Are you asking for a playable Carrier Strike group module, more ships or both? This goes back to my point above, another good starting point for the Naval modules would be Super Carrier II, which change the super carrier module so that you are commanding the carrier and airwing. things like the deck crew would be come part of DCS core some features would remain SC exclusive but the focus would be commanding the ship. I'm not sure how many classes should be involved At the minimum I would like what we got in DCS core and the SC module 

6. Start adding commercial aviation for E.g Trainers

7. Proper Training pipeline and use of methods and systems for Single Player and Multi-player - E.g  Pilatus PC-9 or a Cessna 172  with A.i instructor pilot training instrument and flight rating.

Though I have mixed views on more trainers. Though I have a general guideline, first if the trainer is based on a fighter such as the T-33 please include it as part of the fighter module and second if the trainer can be armed include the armed version. 

8. Develop more the Single Player functionality also to include missions and training programs.

9. Various Global Training Ranges need not be factual,  fictional is just fine respecting UNCLASSIFIED IS A MUST and compromises is just as good than having nothing.

A career mode would be nice, though I would like to skip the training portions if I have already covered them. Ideally with the career mode I would love to see Eagle bring back the mission rank classification system they had in Su-27 Flanker. the options were pilot (no editing options) squad leader (could pick the weapons) wing commander/general you could edit what ever you wanted.  As for more training ranges,  until we have a world map, I would rather have the option to have a training or combat campaign on a given map. Some other campaign options I would like to see when we get a dynamic campaign.

Mercenary mode- you get money for each mission and buy planes and hire pilots.

a couple peaceful campaigns- 

Forestry serice/ coast guard/ disaster response- this would be ideal  for the Huey and Mi-8 we'd need more damage models added to the map but the missions would be fighting fires, deploying fire and rescue personnel. 

air show circuit- inspired by the Christian Eagle and Yak-52. 

10. Full ATC systems and Airport Operations

11. Please Finished Products moving forward is a must!

12. Improved community modding tools for anything, is a must for growing communities.

10 agreed, I would also like the addition of voice commands ideally if Eagle could work with someone with an existing utility that would be nice.

11- getting something out of early access would be nice. 

12- A good question is what would people like see in regards to improved modding tools? While I am not sure about tools I know of some improvements I want to see in mod support. First the ability to assign a stand-in asset for a mod when a user doesn't have it, for example if someone does a decent J-15 mod they would have the option to have the Su-33 show up. Next I would like the ability to assign service dates so a mod can show up in historical mode, Next for land and naval mods I would like the option to add the a category drop down tag. So for example @Admiral189 might classify his San Antonio mod as an amphibious assault ship while @Hawkeye60 might classify his groups battleships as battlecruisers until the battleship category shows up. 

P.S - Thank you ED for all the work thus far and to the Military partners that have allowed licenses and privileges for home entertainment!

Hoping for more as developments continues. 😎👌

• Like 1

At somepoint the video it was hinted that a FC level Su-57 might be possible, which brings up my wish list for future FC level content and MAC. First I don't want to see any more FC level modules in DCS, they belong in MAC, which I hope is modular like DCS and can use a lot of the same resources. However if there are fighters which we can get in MAC but not DCS then someone setting up a DCS server should have the option to allow a MAC player to connect. Lastly I would like limited clickablity in MAC so it can work better in VR.