AIM-120 Can't track through 360 turns

comie1
Go to solution Solved by Маэстро,

Regardless of altitude the Aim-120 can't seem to track through a simple 360 (while supported or not)

The missile gets within 2nm when target is lost and when seemingly within parameters will not reaquire quick enough to utilize its energy advantage. 

Can't track cold.gif

Co alt 360.gif360 to cold.giflow co 360 5.trk360 to cold.trklow co 360 5.trk

Edited by comie1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I'll set that option now and test again. Any other parameters you would like me to set? 

"However, above tests not qute correct" There isn't exactly a test mission provided by you guys so I'm just giving examples to help with weird behavior. 

I only see one example of the last 5 where the energy of the missile is the issue... in the other 4 they go on an adventure to Mordor or somewhere....

Edited by comie1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
49 minutes ago, comie1 said:

I only see one example of the last 5 where the energy of the missile is the issue... in the other 4 they go on an adventure to Mordor or somewhere....

The lack of energy is that I see in attached tracks from the first post. Could you please attach one more track where you expect missile energy is sufficient for intercept?

Unfortunately, acmi or GIFs can't help with debugging.

So it was.. my mistake. The file open in ME always throws me. OK so in the new tests within NES they hit. 

So are you telling me that what is happening is when fired outwith NES an AIM 120 (like in the above tracks) will decided it probably wont have enough energy so just stops tracking? 

I had no idea that was a thing. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:33 AM, Маэстро said:

It's already fixed internally. Missile will better track target in such conditions(and even will hit target in q4 and q3 tracks).

Did some quick testing there Maestro and they have significantly improved. Congrats 👍

Edited by comie1
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]