Is there a way to move mouse pointer without moving head?

bloomstomb

I was asking myself a similar question . I am waiting for europe release and i don´t know how i will be able to handle with all the controls.

I don´t own a trackIR, so i will have to use the mouse for cockpick views, but at the same time, it is needed to push several cockpick buttons. How that is done?

There's a key combo to disable mouse view control. You could disable mouse look, center mouse on screen, then reenable mouse look. (LAlt+C).

Thanks for the reply, I tried it but its a little bugged.

It only works the first time I press it, then it stops working. I am trying to map that control to the mouse..

After it works once, I cant turn the mouse look back on using the same button.

Infact, once I hit alt c, I lose my mouse cursor in mouse freelook mode and I cant get it back.

Edited by bloomstomb

Bloomstomb,

Try hitting Esc, then resuming the game. This has worked for me on a similar issue, and has been written down as a bug. For now, it might help you.

Yeah I have tried that too, still cant get it back once i hit Alt c, but its all good. I will work with what I ahve and wait for a fix.

Thanks for all the replies.. Off to train:D

Or just get a trackIR and enjoy even more! :)

sounds like you're using the mouse to slew your cockpit view.....imo, anyone who flies simulation like this MUST own a TrackIR.

Agreed. Using trackir makes flying this wonderful sim sooo much easier. Plus, with trackir you can hit f7 for precision mode which allows you to pan around the cockpit more precisely thereby allowing you to use the various controls. The cost is around a hundred and something but it's well worth it.

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.