Open Beta and Proper DCS switch

VZ_342

I downloaded "proper" DCS because I didn't think I'd want to do the Beta thing (worried about game crashes, module issues, etc), but now I'd like to be able to use the Beta for doing more than just the regular DCS (which is fun, but Beta is better)

Only thing is, I've tried Skatezilla's DCS updater, got it partially going, then it said I didn't have Beta installed....which is why I got the downloader, to install it. I'm told there isn't that much difference between Beta and proper, and certainly isn't worth downloading what amounts to a full copy of DCS and modules....so I'm a bit frustrated right now.

So, the suggestion: In the DCS sim game, on the page that lists all the modules, settings, etc, maybe put a button in there that creates the ability to switch between Beta and proper...Is this possible? 

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, VZ_342 said:

Only thing is, I've tried Skatezilla's DCS updater, got it partially going, then it said I didn't have Beta installed....which is why I got the downloader, to install it.

Advanced options -> Download Beta

That simple.

I'm told there isn't that much difference between Beta and proper

There isn't really, just pick one and stick with it, imo.

So, the suggestion: In the DCS sim game, on the page that lists all the modules, settings, etc, maybe put a button in there that creates the ability to switch between Beta and proper...Is this possible?

Possible? Yes. Likely to happen? No. That's what Skate's app is for. It's literally a single click to switch between the two, one of several very large buttons smack in the middle of your screen.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

1 hour ago, VZ_342 said:

"Advanced Options" = Where is that?

ADv. Updater Options. 7th Tab to the Right,
Click on Update to the Latest Open Beta,
When you want to go back to Stable, Click on Update to the Latest Release Version..

Simple.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Not simple. When I installed Updater, I got to the point where I'm prompted to update DCS....and it says it is updated, and nothing further in the installation process happens. The result is, when I open the utility, none of the buttons for DCS work.

(Home tab)

Your DCS Builds---is underlined, but isn't an active link.

Slot #1 Build (and all slots)---also underlined, but not active.

(Aircraft Modules, Campaign, etc tabs)

INSTALL AIRCRAFT MODULES etc

I can click on the modules that are installed, but it doesn't save.

Advanced Updater Options

No links work (Update to..., Manually Initialize and Install w/DCS Updater etc)

I'm guessing it's only a partial install?

Buttons are only disabled when:
No Build is configured (you must set up each build path in App Settings)
or a DCS Process is already active.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs