Assigning Cores Automatically w/THG

The_Nephilim

THG doesn't seem to work for me? THG does not see Black Shark (dcs.exe) as an active task.

Vista 64

amd X2 4600+

Edited by =4c= Hajduk Veljko

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

i'm running vista 32.

no difference in fps after using this.

also, dcs.exe has affinity with all processors by default in task manager.

am i missing something?

Same for me, not even 1 more frame when added the 2nd core. However I'm using XP 32 bit.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

i'm running vista 32.

no difference in fps after using this.

also, dcs.exe has affinity with all processors by default in task manager.

am i missing something?

It was same for me but i realized something you have to wait untill you launch the mission. Pause when you get in the cockpit and alt tab out go to processes then set affinity for DCS.exe. when you first launch DCS and going through the setup all cores are selected but they uncheck when you click fly and get into the mission. I jumped 15 FPS adding the other 3 cores. At first i thought same thing all 4 are already checked but its all about when you look at affinity. Im running Vista 32 as well.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Multicores are nothing:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2643908/Notice_Anything_Odd_Here.html#Post2643908

""I'm not recommending anyone try this even if they have 4 or more gigs of memory, but all I did was delete my page file. Simple as that. I actually did it for FSX and noticed that my fps were sky high, but the sim ran like molasses. I then looked at BS and got these sky high frames and super slick performance. I have no way of knowing if the sim was really running that fast, but no matter how many a/c ground units or action I put it through the fps never went below 250.""

No page file = 200-300% better FPS

:)

-haukka

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The multi-core fps improvement only works in Vista.

You have to assign the "DCS.exe" to more than one core affinity, not the launcher.exe (that starts the GUI only). The DCS.exe has been programmed to run onder one core, so even if you "think" you see it automatically assigned to more than one not using the affinity tweak, then take a look at the DCS.exe once again, when you are in a mission (hit pause/break then alt-tab out and check), you will find without the affinity tweak that like everyone else, by default the DCS.exe runs on one core.

If you are having problems setting your DCS.exe to more than one core using either Wombats scripts or THG, then try disabling the User Account Control in Vista (UAC). Reboot then try again, it may work as UAC seems to block the process.exe on some systems running Vista.

Again, for you XP users (32 or 64 bit) , setting the affinity to more than one core will not provide any more gain since this has been tested multiple times already, the big improvement over XP is seen with multicore cpus and Vista (either 32 bit or 64 bit, doesn't matter). Blackshark gets more frames per second on most all computers running Vista than it does running XP, when you set the affinity correctly.

Hope this clarifies things as we still see people not reading entire threads on this and still trying it out on XP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

works in VISTA =)

what works in vista?

the page file trick?

do you have vista 32 or 64?

what did you do, exactly?

please tell us the steps to do it.

i'm using vista 32 and tried removing the page file using the

"system properties" applet from control panel. i even

managed to make the page file size = 0, but no success.

hope you can help us.

:thumbup:

i was getting 20 to 30 fps in cockpit, 50 to 60

outside, with 1680x1050, all settings max,

16x aa, vsync on.

now i installed prifinitty, configured dcs.exe in

favorites, and i'm getting a minimum of 40 fps in

cockpit!!! i wasn't able to do that with THG.

but now i need to know more about the page file

trick. tried to disable it, change it's size, but no

success.

my config is: nvidia 790i, q9450, 4gb ddr3 ram,

2 x 8800gt, vista 32.