IFLOLS brightness

Keight

HI. I am now trying the Supercarrier before buying and found that unlike PAPI or LRLLS, IFLOLS lights are not visible with normal zoom and barely readable with max zoom. Are they supposed to be that dim within the groove? Is there any way to increase their visibility or brightness? I know there is an overlay but I prefer having it disabled.

I´m using this mod until the IFLOLS bloom will be improved/fixed

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

9 hours ago, fagulha said:

I´m using this mod until the IFLOLS bloom will be improved/fixed

Thanks but I am experiencing the opposite, during daytime lights are hardly visible. Seems the mod reduces the glow even further.

4 hours ago, Keight said:

Thanks but I am experiencing the opposite, during daytime lights are hardly visible. Seems the mod reduces the glow even further.

You have 2 options in the mod but yes, they reduce the bloom effect. Sorry i couldn´t help you further but something is not right with your IFLOLS lights. Did you make the proper calls for landing?

Usually when inbound the deck get ready for aircraft (if at night the rabbit lights will be turned on, if it is CASE I recovery the IFLOLS should be lighted).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

48 minutes ago, fagulha said:

You have 2 options in the mod but yes, they reduce the bloom effect. Sorry i couldn´t help you further but something is not right with your IFLOLS lights. Did you make the proper calls for landing?

Usually when inbound the deck get ready for aircraft (if at night the rabbit lights will be turned on, if it is CASE I recovery the IFLOLS should be lighted).

It is "Mission Qualification - Supercarrier CASE I Recovery" mission. Here are the screenshots and as seen on the last one IFLOLS are definitely lighted. They are just not visible from the distance.

normal zoom,

1.jpg

max zoom.

2.jpg

free cam

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Keight
  • Like 1

It´s not right.

Did you make the calls for landing? 

1 hour ago, Keight said:

I did.

I'm at work right now (3 PM here) but when i arrive home (about 10PM) i will test myself to check if it is bugged or something like that. I will reply here when possible ok?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keight said:

I did.

I think it´s bugged (not tried myself yet) but you can check in the post below about the IFLOLS Overlay but reading some comments i see that some people are with same issue than you. It´s planned for today a hotfix (let´s hope fixes those issues too).

EDIT: the hotfix changelog don´t mentioned this issue 😕 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.16.28157/

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 1:19 AM, Keight said:

I can hardly see it day or night, but I am using a 4K monitor; I wish I could see it like the MSFS one on the carrier

Edited by CaliJoshua

Same Problem here.

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

On 7/29/2022 at 3:01 PM, Keight said:

It is "Mission Qualification - Supercarrier CASE I Recovery" mission. Here are the screenshots and as seen on the last one IFLOLS are definitely lighted. They are just not visible from the distance.

I tested at latest beta and it looks the same as in your screenshots.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...