F-18 Radar issues and pilots either say it is broken or working

Ramstein

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I use track replays daily for reporting issues, they are helpful when they are short and to the point

Usually when I hit bugs I'm one hour or more into a mission, and those are usually not reproducible due to how .trks work (and even if they worked, nobody would want to watch a one-hour long replay multiple times trying to debug it).

Such issues are a huge nuisance for hardcore fans of the game who are ready to spend hours in just a single sortie, be it a virtual squadron MP operation or a Raven One campaign mission. Those complainers are usually the most noisy ones, and rightfully so.

• Like 1

• ED Team

long bugs are a problem but we still have to reproduce to report them, how do you expect a dev to fix an issue that can not be reproduced or for a potential fix to be tested.
Testing and reporting is time consuming, it always will be but we have many here in the forums, our volunteers, and our testing team who go out of their way to do it. 

We certainly recognize that there are bugs and missing items in the Hornet radar. In fact, this is the case for all radars in the game and even professional simulators. We continue to strive to improve and add as many features as feasible. What we object to is nonsensical statements like the radar is "completely broken". Such uninformed and overly dramatic statements do not help or accurately represent the state of the product.

thanks

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 8/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, BIGNEWY said:

long bugs are a problem but we still have to reproduce to report them, how do you expect a dev to fix an issue that can not be reproduced or for a potential fix to be tested.
Testing and reporting is time consuming, it always will be but we have many here in the forums, our volunteers, and our testing team who go out of their way to do it. 

We certainly recognize that there are bugs and missing items in the Hornet radar. In fact, this is the case for all radars in the game and even professional simulators. We continue to strive to improve and add as many features as feasible. What we object to is nonsensical statements like the radar is "completely broken". Such uninformed and overly dramatic statements do not help or accurately represent the state of the product.

thanks

Ok, it's not completely broken it just doesn't simulate how the APG-73 in the hornet works. 

Edited by fmedges
  • Like 6

On 8/5/2022 at 8:49 AM, BIGNEWY said:

What we object to is nonsensical statements like the radar is "completely broken".

Who said the radar is "completely broken"?

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team
On 8/4/2022 at 7:25 AM, MARLAN_ said:

I think it's probably a fair bet to say most aren't using the radar correctly, but the radar is also definitely very broken, so it's both.

it statements like this that are nonsense and not helpful, you have said your piece so I would suggest moving on for now and let the team get on with the work. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2