vista x64 unable to alt tab on some missions.

uhoh7

This is an issue which I can duplicate over and over.

It only occurs on certain missions, e.g airbase under siege, and later campaign mission with supply ships in port. I have noticed it on several others.

In addtion to specs below I have x-fi fatality pci-e, ch prthrottle, pedals, ms ffb2.

Mission will play without alt-tab. Any alt-tab to desktop--you cannot return, though you hear sim in background, and it is listed as running in task manager. Computer in general will not respond untill DCS is killed in task manager.

I alt tab to enable second core in processor.

Again only certain mission will do this--but they will do it every time.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

I've starting having this same problem. I think since I used the record AVI option in the mission editor. If I alt tab out to desktop I get a partial title bar in the top left of the screen but it won't go back into the game. I never used to have this problem.

Yes I can avoid alt tabbing in SP but in MP when I go from the cockpit back to the MP menu it drops to desktop and won't go back in. I have to ctrl alt del and relaunch which is a bit annoying.

I'm running Vista 32 bit with a 9800 GT. I haven't changed the drivers for any hardware since it was working, so I don't know what it could be other than using record AVI.

You are right but I can help you with another hint, that already has been posted several times here.

You can use a free tool like "PriFinitty - v1.1.5" to auto-set affinity for dcs.exe

http://www.geocities.com/edgemeal_software/Files/PriFinitty_1.1.5.zip

So there's no need to alt-tab out of the game.

Regards,

Airway

TY for tip airway---prefinity and BS do not get along on my machine--I tried tonite, not only will it not set the second core, but a crazy sound glitch occurs with broken and crackling sound. Remove prefinity and all is well.

Prefinity may not like vista 64 or my sound card.

set affinty is fine however.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

This thread and in particular this post may become your best friend.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=593129&postcount=10

It works for me every time where prifinitty and others like it gave me problems. Also there is the bonus of no programs needing to be running in the task bar etc. Fires up with the shortcut.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

This thread and in particular this post may become your best friend.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=593129&postcount=10

It works for me every time where prifinitty and others like it gave me problems. Also there is the bonus of no programs needing to be running in the task bar etc. Fires up with the shortcut.

Shrubbo TY for that---I had missed those posts totally.

I'm wondering if that method will also set both cores on "refly"

I have no sound issues or any other and will test the wombat method further.

Yes, works every single time. Refly, restart, reboot whatever. As long as you fire up off the shortcut supplied you never have any problems with affinity again :)

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Shrubbo---it works great on the missions I mentioned above. I'm getting a solid 30fps at 2560x1600 on the ships delivering supplies, which is a heavy mission. Again TY sir. I'll rep those boys.

http://www.geocities.com/edgemeal_software/Files/PriFinitty_1.1.6.zip

New PriFinitty out. Version 2.0 Coming soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

http://www.geocities.com/edgemeal_software/Files/PriFinitty_1.1.6.zip

New PriFinitty out. Version 2.0 Coming soon.

Awsome works great increased my FPS and GUI speeds.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm not sure about anything but vista64---for that I would forget prefinity and use the method shrubbo points to, far cleaner, no need to alt-tab or anything and seems even smoother.

You just dump those files in your main folder and use the shortcut for your processor. Works great and nothing left down in the tray.