TGP not slewable. What is "RATES"?

moggel

Was training with the HTS today and noticed my TGP had gone in to some unknown mode I hadn't seen before. Apparently it was slaved by the HTS, as expected, but all symbology was gone and in the lower half I saw the word "RATES". I could not slew it at all. I tried undesignating the HTS but TGP didn't change at all. 
Anyone else seen this?

• Like 1

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Rates is when the TGP is coasting geometrically based on the rate of motion before it lost track. Not sure why TGP would show rates. Normally it would be slaved to HTS and not have any label. If you slewed TGP and were in point/area then you could get RATES if the optical tracking was lost.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frederf said:

Rates is when the TGP is coasting geometrically based on the rate of motion before it lost track. Not sure why TGP would show rates. Normally it would be slaved to HTS and not have any label. If you slewed TGP and were in point/area then you could get RATES if the optical tracking was lost.

Seems the reason was I was in A-A master mode. So, even if the TGP is slaved to the HTS I cannot slew it unless I am in A-G mode. Not sure if that's how the real system works but it doesn't make much sense to me. Can someone explained this design?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS