IHADSS in VR is too close, too large. Pretty much unusable in VR. Has this been fixed?

gtsab

I have the same issue in VR with a Vive Pro. Сhanging settings doesn't help.

In case of Vive Pro the monocular is too far from the eyepoint:

Спойлер

Screen_220331_003155.png

And with a Rift CV1 the picture looks correct:

Спойлер

Screen_220330_210549.png

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:21 PM, uJeka said:

I have the same issue in VR with a Vive Pro. Сhanging settings doesn't help.

In case of Vive Pro the monocular is too far from the eyepoint:

Hide contents

Screen_220331_003155.png

And with a Rift CV1 the picture looks correct:

Hide contents

Screen_220330_210549.png

This is exactly what I see when using my VIVE pro as well. Thanks for the screen shots i think they illustrate the problem perfectly.

I'm pretty sure that the problem is not the scale but the possition of the VR pilot head inside the VR helmet, as I describe in the last post of this other thread (page 3).

As you can see, different headsets have different behaviour regarding the monocle, pilot helmet, even the balaclava

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me, hoped the fix is Adressen on this as well. But didn’t notice a difference with Vive Pro 2 after updating the patch.

Does anybody know what is fixed on the IHADSS here?

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Every patch I hope they correct the IHADSS monocle its definitely too far from the eye, from what pics I've seen and what casmo had said the frame just isn't that visible. 

At the very least I'd love an FOV slider so that we can move it in and out to suite. But either way it's too far away currently as per what real pilots and said as well as any pic you see of it. 

It's a shame cause i do love having it there and having helmet and nvg's just visible but they fact it looks so far away is just so off-putting. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

63896_O.jpg

Intel Core i9 10850K@ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB 3600MHz CL16, MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus Motherboard

HP Reverb G2, Winwing Super Libra w/ x F-16EX, Super Taurus, KA-50 Collective, Combat & Take off Panels, StreamDeck XL, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals

I agree, there needs to be maybe a slider or option for IHADSS transparency? I noticed in the old photos of the module it seems the IHADSS had a semi transparent version, that may better reflect how the eye doesn't focus on close in items and gives them a slight blurry effect. The same thing happens with ghost ring sights on rifles, they look big when you are focused on them but when you look through it up close it turns into a faint line and doesn't block your vision.