F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Finished]

Jenson

On 4/9/2023 at 8:31 PM, Mistermann said:

Me and my flying buddies are about to start this campaign.  Can't wait to see how we do!  Thanks for putting together co-op content.  We need more of this from/for the community.  Thanks!

Yes we are! Tonight is M02. I missed out on M01 with the boys because I was out of town, so I flew it last night solo.  Beyond impressed!  Had a few user related pilot issues tanking and learned some valuable lessons from this first mission already.  Never competed with others to tank before in AI.  I will do my best to upload videos as we play through the campaign.  Everything we will be recording will be done in VR with the PIMAX HMD's.  Absolutely digging this so far! Great work and keep it coming! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 16: 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3330671/

Note: for this mission, Hawk 1 and Hawk 2 each have one convoy to attack, and each convoy consists of 8 small groups of vehicles, players need to reduce/destroy each small group below 50% for an effective interdiction, and need to finish at least 5 small groups for mission success. 

• Thanks 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 16]

Oh heck yeah!  My mates and I are on Mission 3 (CAP) and love that you're continuing to add missions.  We've had a lot of fun this far.  I believe I read this is ultimately going to have 24 missions?  Thanks for continuing the investment, @Jenson.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

9 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Oh heck yeah!  My mates and I are on Mission 3 (CAP) and love that you're continuing to add missions.  We've had a lot of fun this far.  I believe I read this is ultimately going to have 24 missions?  Thanks for continuing the investment, @Jenson.

That's the plan but can't guarantee it. each mission will start at a different hour of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

You can change it in all missions to cold and dark in the Mission Editor

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

9 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Oh no, blimey, these are all hot starts...me no likey, it breaks  immersion. 

I've played the first 4 missions.  None are hot start thus far.  Which mission(s) that you've found are hot starts?  I'll happily change any mission that isn't a cold start, per @Scotch75 suggestion - this campaign is really good!  I highly recommend people try this out.

image.png

Edited by Mistermann
Spelling

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Cold start is set by default in this campaign, you can change it to hot on ramp in the mission editor yourself. But it would be more fun to read the mission briefing and setup navigation/weapon/countermeasure according to each mission's unique requirments and objectives. 

• Like 1

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 17]

Just come to say mission 17 is released, cheers! 👇

Operation Hormuz Mission 17 (digitalcombatsimulator.com) 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 18]
On 6/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, Steel Jaw said:

hows  VR performance?

Give it a shot.  My group hasn't experienced any VR issues with any of these missions thus far.  We're on mission 8.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 19]

Thanks @Jenson!  Me and the boys are on mission 8 and absolutely love your work.  Thank you so much for your dedication to this content.

I wish there was a way to get you more of a spotlight because this campaign is simply awesome.  You deserve recognition for creativity and command of the ME.

if people wanted to kick you some cash as a show of appreciation, how would they go about it?

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 6/19/2023 at 1:19 AM, Mistermann said:

Thanks @Jenson!  Me and the boys are on mission 8 and absolutely love your work.  Thank you so much for your dedication to this content.

I wish there was a way to get you more of a spotlight because this campaign is simply awesome.  You deserve recognition for creativity and command of the ME.

if people wanted to kick you some cash as a show of appreciation, how would they go about it?

For now no need for cash reciprocation but thanks very much, I'm already grateful that I have a relatively good job and stable income, so I could use my part-time to develop this campaign.  Your enthusiasm is part of the reason I devote to this campaign for the community, if you enjoy it, please share it with more players and give feedback, cheers! 

• Thanks 1

After long time working, here comes mission 20. 

An on-call CAS mission to support ground troops engaging in street combat in a city. Tried my best to produce a real-world procedure with more than 200 radio overs for 4 twinship CAS flights, additional targets are available by DCS built-in JTAC. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332267/

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 20]

Thanks again @Jenson!  This campaign is a gem.  My buddies and I are progressing slowly and are currently on mission 8.  Thrilled to see additional content from you.  👏

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Happy Friday

Mission 21 ready, for those who are enthusiastic about air combat. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332430/ 

• Thanks 1

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 21]
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Jenson, thanks again.  My buddies and I just finished M08 and will embark on M09 today.  Your passion and commitment for this campaign really shows and I continue to be amazed by the level of detail and immersion you pack into these MP missions.  There seems to be a prevailing populous opinion from certain SP campaign creators that it is impossible to create immersive MP campaigns - so much so that they refuse to even have their name associated with such blasphemy.  🤷‍♂️

Thanks for being open minded and committed to the MP community.  Flying scripted missions with buddies is hands down, IMHO, a far superior experience to SP campaigns.  I have flown and completed many of them.  The fact you take your missions beyond average by telling a story, including radio voiceovers, and random events just to name a few is not lost on me or my group.

Just want to say thanks!!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

22 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Hey @Jenson, thanks again.  My buddies and I just finished M08 and will embark on M09 today.  Your passion and commitment for this campaign really shows and I continue to be amazed by the level of detail and immersion you pack into these MP missions.  There seems to be a prevailing populous opinion from certain SP campaign creators that it is impossible to create immersive MP campaigns - so much so that they refuse to even have their name associated with such blasphemy.  🤷‍♂️

Thanks for being open minded and committed to the MP community.  Flying scripted missions with buddies is hands down, IMHO, a far superior experience to SP campaigns.  I have flown and completed many of them.  The fact you take your missions beyond average by telling a story, including radio voiceovers, and random events just to name a few is not lost on me or my group.

Just want to say thanks!!

Thanks for these compliments, I do appreciate them. Also curious, how many of you are usually playing this campaign? 

11 hours ago, Jenson said:

Thanks for these compliments, I do appreciate them. Also curious, how many of you are usually playing this campaign? 

There are usually 3 of us.  On rare occasions there may be just 2.  From time to time I'll fly a mission solo for practice.  95% of the time there are three.

We usually all take Hawk 1 jets so we can all be in same flight.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

3 hours ago, Mistermann said:

There are usually 3 of us.  On rare occasions there may be just 2.  From time to time I'll fly a mission solo for practice.  95% of the time there are three.

We usually all take Hawk 1 jets so we can all be in same flight.

Got it, thanks. I have a group of around 50 people and 10 members are very active, so each weekend we will play one mission with 6-8 people, sometimes I even have to add another ad-hoc flight. 

In the later stage of this campaign, there will be AI playing Hawk 2 if no real players sit in Hawk 2 flight. Keep moving. 

Multiplayer missions are indeed more difficult to create, need to design the logics to trigger different events based on scenarios with different player numbers. But also it's more fun than playing solo.

Try to recruit more people to play with you! 😛 

• Like 1

• Jenson changed the title to F/A-18C Multiplayer Cooperate Campaign - Operation Hormuz [Updated to Mission 22]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1