George as CP/G

Hippo

It would be nice if...

When George is not designating he should be continually searching for targets ahead of the helicopter heading. Perhaps angle of arc of search user-definable.  Calling out new targets as he spots them.  Keep the current feature to have him scan in the direction pilot is looking as a temporary override.

When scrolling through the list of targets he would always do a quick laser range so that as pilot I can see a range on the TADS / TSD.

George was not able to detect targets at (unrelistically imho) very long ranges.

As pliot I could ask George to use TV as well as FLIR when scrolling through the list.  The new zoom feature (long hold up and down) is very welcome, but I often find myself wishing I could get the extra magnification available with TV.

Once a target is destroyed, the list would just show up again with the nearest target (to the destroyed target) / greatest threat automatically selected and ready to go (which of those being defined by user).

Option to list targets in order of range as well as lethality.

If a target is so near that there is no doubt that it can be acquired visually, looking at it and selecting George UP should just have him select that target for engagement.  A "close in" mode, if you will.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've flown now often with George and also with "Real People" as CP/G.
And the fact that George doesn't look for targets and dangers on his own is one of the things that kills me the most.

If I'm traveling with a human co-pilot, then of course he doesn't see everything either, but especially when cruising to the Target, most of them scan the whole area ahead with infrared.
I can't give any exact numbers, but that saves "us" our ass more often than George, who doesn't do anything if you don't press the George-Slave-Button like a madman every 2 seconds. Which of course is not cool at all, since you have enough to do to fly the helicopter.

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 2