Feedback Thread - F-14 Tomcat Patch, Sept. 1st 2022

IronMike

I have a quick question about "emergency sweep" that the handle is at the AFT position before taxing out and I have to move the handle from very end of the  back position to very forward of the front position, the press the handle down.

Moving the handle to back at the bomb position, I was used to make the handle up and move the handle back to very end but I can't not do it today.    

How do I do to make the handle to AFT of the back position?

Thanks.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, scommander2 said:

I have a quick question about "emergency sweep" that the handle is at the AFT position before taxing out and I have to move the handle from very end of the  back position to very forward of the front position, the press the handle down.

Moving the handle to back at the bomb position, I was used to make the handle up and move the handle back to very end but I can't not do it today.    

How do I do to make the handle to AFT of the back position?

Thanks.

Move it to 68, then wait fifteen seconds.  It will then permit you to move it into oversweep at 75 degrees. 

There is a physical interlock in the sweep mechanism that freezes the handle at 68 for that duration to make sure all control surfaces are neutral, as well as the wing sweep bags are deflated, before being able to proceed with bringing the wings all the way back for parking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2022 at 8:04 AM, Callsign JoNay said:

Yes, same. That mission almost always freezes for me in the same point of time. About 60 to 65 mins in.

Trying to stay on topic but I thought I was the only one. I've been afraid to play the Cage the Bear campaign because every time I fly within about 50nm or so of the carrier the game freezes both for hot and cold start scenarios. Been happening since I bought the F14 earlier this year

23 hours ago, lunaticfringe said:

Move it to 68, then wait fifteen seconds.  It will then permit you to move it into oversweep at 75 degrees. 

There is a physical interlock in the sweep mechanism that freezes the handle at 68 for that duration to make sure all control surfaces are neutral, as well as the wing sweep bags are deflated, before being able to proceed with bringing the wings all the way back for parking. 

Thanks and it works perfectly 🙂

Edited by scommander2
  • Like 1

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

We have now three times the same Top Gun 114 skin for the A.

And both Top Gun skins for the B.

Why?

Do we get the 1991 HiViz VF 31 201 as addition to the existing 200 and 205?

image.png

Edited by Moorhuhn

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

On 9/24/2022 at 10:55 PM, r4y30n said:

Another tip, with emergency sweep at 68 the OVER flag will appear on the sweep indicator when it’s ready to go into oversweep.

I don't actually see that apear until I pull the handle to Oversweep.  Until then I just see EMER. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 weeks later...