B52 has no parking options on the Syria map

antiload

I tried to have the B52 AI take off from a number of large bases on the Syria map, as part of a SP mission, however, I cannot get the B52 to park. It will land at certain airfields, but one cannot start it cold, on a ramp. 

An error box appears stating there is no parking spaces for the aircraft.

Edited by antiload
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, antiload said:

Still cannot add the B52 to the Syria map

As a workaround, on my missions I start B-52 flights already on the air.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

Is it a bug? I believe during the war those came in flight from Europe and US itself by air refueling, never landed or took off directly in the place. Maybe it's for a reason.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

6 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Is it a bug? I believe during the war those came in flight from Europe and US itself by air refueling, never landed or took off directly in the place. Maybe it's for a reason.

We don't have Europe or the US in the Syria map though, so I think it makes sense to have options to park bombers even if that doesn't completely match reality.

In fact there are quite a few "traps" that DCS map makers should be aware of. Parking issues, taxi issues, wind direction issues, runway issues. Until ED can figure those things out, I am 100% fine with fictional changes to air bases to make them more usable.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 5 months later...

Pretty sure it’s a runway length issue.  The BUFF needs a lot of real estate to get in the air, especially with a full load.  I was stationed at Incirlik back in the 90s and I remember the C-5 pilots complaining about how they had to depart with minimum fuel if they were loaded heavy and then had to tank over the Med before departing the AO.

1 hour ago, RichCotte said:

Pretty sure it’s a runway length issue.

B-52 (and MAM's C-5 Galaxy) can be placed as "Takeoff from Runway" in Syria map; Incirlik, Akrotiri, Larnaca, Beirut, Damascus and more.
And they succeed to take-off from there.

Impossible is "Takeoff from Ramp" or "Takeoff from parking hot" as discussed in this topic.

Changelog of ob patch 2.8.7 .42583 says:

DCS: Syria Map by Ugra Media

• Added parking places for big planes

Someone knows which parking spots / which airbases are this ?
I feel not so changed in this patch about the feature and B-52 cannot be placed in parking as same as older DCS versions.
Is this improvement about C-17 or IL-76 size and not for bigger B-52 (and CAM's A330 / MAM's C-5) ? 

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg