AoA beep sound level

leonardo_c

They would have to be changed via the .def files, but those are encrypted for the F1. 

We need adjustable volume for warning sounds. We are not professional pilots who signed up to work in an environment where hearing loss is acceptable. This is a game. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

I also find the alarm sounds (not only AOA) a bit too loud. BUT... I would add that the AoA sound become quickly annoying because we reach it very quickly and often. First because of control stick Y axis range problem (can be attenuated temporarily with axis curve), and secondly, because I think that in the real aircraft the hydroelectrical system would prevent pilot to reach the AoA limit too easily by applying physical resistance to the stick, which does not exists for most of us that don't own FFB stick.

This is a hard choice but I think Aerges should implement internal control damping to prevent the player to naturally have the strength of hulk, In other words, the player should not be able to reach the very end of stick run.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Not yet. Found out about it 30 seconds ago. 

Would be nice if these settings were defined more effeciently. "Helmet" does not explain what, precisely, it adjusts nor if it works independently of "hear like in helmet."

Yeah, I asked the exact same thing in that other thread. 😊 

Will try later today myself. 

1 hour ago, leonardo_c said:

what is this helmet thing?

Under the sound tab in the general settings, you have a check box "hear like in helmet" and a slider called helmet. ED responded in another thread that the slider is the solution for your OP. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, leonardo_c said:

I always use "hear like in helmet" but didn't realize that this sound level was connected with the helmet slider. Will try later, thanks.

Last time I checked hear like in helmet did not make any difference as the audio is also fed to the helmet speakers.