No pop up window from which to select sound file

Riscorider
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Recently when adding a "Sound to Group" action to a trigger a problem became apparent.  No longer does a pop up window appear to let you select the sound file to play.  I am using the latest DCS open beta.  Other action commands which use pop up windows (Load Mission for instance) are working properly.  Not sure if I did anything to cause this but have tried uninstalling then reinstalling DCS open beta with no change in the symptom.

Any ideas on what is causing this or how I might correct it?

Thanks!

• Solution
1 hour ago, Riscorider said:

Any ideas on what is causing this or how I might correct it?

I’d try renaming the folder /saved games/dcs.openbeta/MissionEditor/ to /MissionEditor.bak/

then when you run dcs and the editor, it will start with fresh defaults.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I’d try renaming the folder /saved games/dcs.openbeta/MissionEditor/ to /MissionEditor.bak/

then when you run dcs and the editor, it will start with fresh defaults.

You sir, are a genius!  That worked like a charm.  Thank you so much!!

Riscorider

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Riscorider said:

That worked like a charm.  Thank you so much!!

Glad it helped, and thanks for marking my post, you’d be surprised at how few people bother with doing that 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB