FCR A-A EXP mode not properly centered.

WHOGX5

If you have a target underneath your cursor and you enter EXP mode, that target should stay underneath your cursor. Currently when you enter EXP mode, whatever was under your cursor ends up at the dead center of the screen instead.

NORM before switching to EXP:

m1.png

After switching to EXP:

m2.png

Expected EXP behaviour:

m3.png

• Like 4

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I don't know how is it in the real plane.But it doesn't seem to me a bug. I expect that the position of the cursor when i press EXPAND will be the center of the area i'm zooming in, so the symbology underneath the cursor will be in the center of the screen. What would be useful is to not having the cursor still in the old position but resetting it in the center when inside the expand mode. BUT putting the cursor in the world space instead of the actual screen space is very annoying when you maneuver the plane while doing those operations. So screen space is important to be maintained despite an eventual cursor position reset.

Edited by falconzx

3 hours ago, falconzx said:

I don't know how is it in the real plane.But it doesn't seem to me a bug. I expect that the position of the cursor when i press EXPAND will be the center of the area i'm zooming in, so the symbology underneath the cursor will be in the center of the screen. What would be useful is to not having the cursor still in the old position but resetting it in the center when inside the expand mode. BUT putting the cursor in the world space instead of the actual screen space is very annoying when you maneuver the plane while doing those operations. So screen space is important to be maintained despite an eventual cursor position reset.

Well, you're wrong and it is most definitely a bug. The way I explained it is the way it is in the real plane. There are some very good reasons why the F-16C FCR page was designed the way it was. Since the cursor stays in the same position both in EXP and NORM, you can can zoom in and out seamlessly on a target or group without having to reorient yourself everytime because the target and cursor changes location on the display. Also, if you see the box around the cursor in EXP mode, that shows exactly which portion of the NORM radar volume that you're scanning in EXP mode. If you want to learn more about F-16 functionality I suggest you download some publicly available F-16 manuals and give them a read.

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 9/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, WHOGX5 said:

Well, you're wrong and it is most definitely a bug. The way I explained it is the way it is in the real plane. There are some very good reasons why the F-16C FCR page was designed the way it was. Since the cursor stays in the same position both in EXP and NORM, you can can zoom in and out seamlessly on a target or group without having to reorient yourself everytime because the target and cursor changes location on the display. Also, if you see the box around the cursor in EXP mode, that shows exactly which portion of the NORM radar volume that you're scanning in EXP mode. If you want to learn more about F-16 functionality I suggest you download some publicly available F-16 manuals and give them a read.

You need to supply the appropriate information for a bug, including track, if you have information related to this that you do not want to share here, feel free to PM me or BN. Otherwise we cannot go off feelings or opinions. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The EXP logic is to expand the specific  area of interest  that cursor is on top- the FCR targerts and not general to expand the MFD , thus where the fcr cursor is on top and hit EXP the EXP field of view expand that specific cursor area e.g targets in order the pilot have better SA for the close formation targets.

• Like 1