FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

6 hours ago, OnReTech said:

we're still working on it

While Im sure the community appreciates the prospect of an update, I feel like trust is already gone and the only way to restore this would be to not focus on additional immediate content and focus on fixing some bugs even if this means that it is only a small update. 

Additionally, Id personally like to see an updated road map, realistic one this time, so we all know what and when to expect what, and obviously very clear and concise communication. 
We all know that development can take time and has bumps on the road, but for paying customers, we/they just want to hear that hey guys, we have an issue, next major update is pushed to xx, and the coming update will only have minor fixes ect. 

That I can respect and Im sure others can too. 

• Like 5

@OnReTech I'm very happy with the update that's coming. Have there been improvements in the gaza strip? Have there been improvements in the mountains? Thanks!

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

18 minutes ago, nzteddy said:

I don't really get the obsession with civilian buildings. I'll just jump in MSFS if I want to go sight-seeing.

Unless they are destructible. Then it makes sense including them... as either targets, or things to protect, or just... collateral damage.

• Like 2

Nice to see buildings from Petra modelled. Will Masada be coming to this map?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

6 hours ago, nzteddy said:

I don't really get the obsession with civilian buildings.

If it were an abstract map of an inexistent place, perhaps. Still, we'd want some recognizable landmarks there to orient ourselves, and unique buildings serve that purpose. I remember way back when I was playing an FPS game called "Unreal Tournament" that had custom maps. One was called "Deck 16". Great map, synthetic. There was another map, called "Louvre". It was based on the real place, and it was fun to battle between re-enactments of the exhibits and through the corridors of a maze built upon the real place. For better or worse, these 'reality based landmarks' make me enjoy a map more. 

Since Sinai is a real place, having landmarks based on, and located at, their real-world objects adds some je ne sais quoi to the map, makes it more enjoyable to me. Now, when you are in a whirlybird (and I often am), it also makes VFR navigation around those landmarks much, much easier. 

6 hours ago, nzteddy said:

I'll just jump in MSFS if I want to go sight-seeing.

Yeah, but in that game I can't get jumped by some Insurgents in need of forceful persuasion. And have you looked at the quality of what may be coming soon? Breathtaking. Now, let's all hope that the fine people at @OnReTech heed the Jobsian proverb: "real artists ship".

I'm really looking forward to the next update and am happy that ORT found the time to post a sign of life here.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 6

On 4/14/2024 at 7:17 AM, ngreenaway said:

Will Masada be coming to this map?

While I believe that I've read somewhere that Masada will eventually be coming to this map, there is a geological peculiarity of that region that runs up against DCS's terrain engine.

Masada, as you probably know is is an ancient fortification in southern Israel, situated on top of an isolated rock plateau and rife with some heroic history (and no happy endings). The problem here: although Masada is atop of a mountain plateau, that plateau is only 60 meters (180 feet) above sea level. The entire surrounding area (dead sea and land) is 400m below sea level. DCS currently can't correctly model terrain below seal level - it shows those areas as water. So Sinai currently puts the surrounding terrain at close to (but still above) sea level, and the Masada mesa currently is more of a Masada molehill. Hopefully, ED's terrain engine will eventually be updated to account for terrain below sea level, and then we can have a Masada in-game that correctly reflects its forbidding, brooding real-world presence. And allows us to properly explore the dead sea's Jordan Rift Valley.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 4

One thing i would add to this discussion, whilst the map has many great features, and the additional high detail buildings will be good for chopper missions, they are lost at 500 knots and altitude. 

The thing that strikes me most about the map is the repeated tiles for factory units and hotels complex's, and even to the fields for that matter.  Would like to see an increase in the variation of these and additional efforts made. often the same tile is next to each other repeatedly.  

Appreciate early EA, hence why asking if this is something you could factor in.  

Also as highlighted by another user - the red sea has loads of coral and is visible from the air, esp the Sinai coast and be great if the water textures around the coast could be heavily updated.  

Tabuk Airfield In Saudi would be really useful for MP missions also.

• Like 5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

On 4/12/2024 at 8:45 PM, OnReTech said:

Dear friends and pilots.

We apologize for the long update, but rest assured that we are working on improving our module (it was our mistake to make the update so big).
We are currently finalizing some scenes after our internal testing, fixing some internal bugs, and preparing the module for an update.

As planned, new airfields were added as announced in the road map. More than 90 new unique and historical buildings + some additional objects that we didn’t plan: an oil platform, new yachts, air balloon and etc... Added unique hangars for the F35 at the Nevatim airfield, as well as parking for them. Improved scenes of Cairo, Alexandria, Eilat and Jerusalem.

Thank you for your patience and attention.

I am attaching screenshots of the new update.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png