Do you experience F-14 hanging freeze?

Pekki

Poll for F-14 hanging freeze  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you experience F-14 hanging freeze?

• Yes
    • No
    • Fixed it, please comment below

Good news guys, we were finally, finally able to reproduce it in the debugger. Now it means digging for it and fixing it, but at last some progress. For now it looks like it is hidden in some dll, but we cannot fully say yet, it does not point to one clear thing just as of yet. However, we're on its tail. 🙂

• Like 12

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

11 часов назад, IronMike сказал:

Good news guys, we were finally, finally able to reproduce it in the debugger. Now it means digging for it and fixing it, but at last some progress. For now it looks like it is hidden in some dll, but we cannot fully say yet, it does not point to one clear thing just as of yet. However, we're on its tail. 🙂

I want to say that I flew the F-16C online, it was last Sunday on the map of the Persian Gulf and I caught the same bug with the picture freezing as on the F-14 in multiplayer before...

21 hours ago, IronMike said:

This is great to hear that you can finally reproduce it, please keep us updated as much as possible. At this point this bug has been a pain in our back side for several months at least now. Its been pretty clear from the start that it was a issue with the game code, trying to find it without any dump/crash files makes it very difficult. Great job 👍

• Like 1

Done some extensive mission restarts, both in custom missions and instant actions, in order to cause the hanging crash that i used to experience during spawning. So far no crashes. From time to time i would get the same hiccup and "jump" of the plane as i spawn, but just as it looks like it's about to cause a freeze like it used to, DCS recovers and continues to run the mission as normal. Haven't had the chance to test in MP yet, not am i likely to do so anytime soon, but for SP, thus far, it looks like the issue was fixed, at least for me. 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Had been doing ok in south Atlantic experienced the momentary freeze followed by recover then this a freeze for good. So 1/3 times it has froze since patch this is still and improvement and only seems for me to be south Atlantic related for the moment. 

The mission it froze one was one carry tpod and bombs. Tpod worked fine and all bombs away the feeze happen on the flight back to the boat probably 5 to 10 mins later when I F9ed to the boat view.

Edited by grant977

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 5:39 AM, IronMike said:

Is there already any progress/news on this issue? 

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna bump this thread, having gone a month without an update on the problem, and having experienced this freezing bug since I bought the Tomcat at the start of July. (Yes, I did the free trial, but I only flew training and instant action missions during that time, just to see if I liked the plane, and none of those triggered a freeze.) For the past couple of months, I've done nothing with the Tomcat but practice carrier landings and AAR, just to keep my skills sharp, because there's no point in trying to fly actual missions when I have about a 1/3 chance of being unable to complete them.