IDM datalink

Dragon1-1

It's correct for our Viper and it's been said we're getting it, but I'm not seeing it in the official task list, and there doesn't seem to be any news on it. Is it a post-EA item, or will we get it before release?

It's a little more limited than Link 16, but it does allow sharing the SPI in air to ground.

• Like 2

IDM is smaller TASK than the full and complete implemented LINK16 ,

Datalink uses UHF and VHF radio to provide digital data communications with other users that have an IDM (Improved Data Modem). The IDM converts digital data to audio data for UHF or VHF radio transmission. When data is received from other users, the IDM converts the audio data to digital data and sends it to the avionics system for display in the cockpit.
Datalink must not be confused with the link 16

more info publicly here : https://codex.uoaf.net/index.php/Data_link

• ED Team
On 10/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

That they moved it to wishlist is not a good sign. It's not a wish, I wanted to know what happened to a feature Wags said will be there. The IDM is a fairly simple audio-based DL system, but it's also quite useful.

IDM has never been a cited feature in the roadmap. While it's something we'd like to do, it's not something promised. We'll see.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...