VR view not resetting

Medalheart

Hi,

re-center is not possible anymore. That makes VR pretty useless!

Even setting the keys again doesn´t work. Oculus too. 

If it is not possible to calibrate the view for VR- we have a serious problem. 

Thanks and Cheers

TOM

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

I had tried this first yesterday after 2.8 came out and it does not fix it. I have reset the key, cleared it, set it again and bound joystick buttons to recenter all to no avail. There is no way to recenter vr view without using the quest 2 hand controller. 

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I have a Quest 2 and my recentre button (num 5) works fine from the 2.8 install. I would delete your Config folder and restart the game. Let DCS build a new one including all your input files.

Edited by Spetz

Mine works but I can reproduce this. 

If I ever use recenter function of oculus link interface with controller shortcut or through the clock menu of dash in that VR session I cannot use recenter in DCS anymore until I quit oculus link interface completely and restart it again. 

If you don't recenter there and start DCS you can keep on using DCS VR recenter function.

Edit: Since august 2022 oculus.api is declared as legacy. There is no developer support anymore. So I believe we will get more and more problems in the future with each patch. end of 2020 oculus declared OpenXR as it's native api, in august 2021 they stopped development of oculus.api and they said in august 2022 they will stop developer support and move to legacy support. 

World moved to OpenXR. I hope we will see native OpenXR in DCS before we start losing functionality.  

Edited by Rapierarch
Additional info:

I just stumbled across this problem too, but I think I found the solution:

You have to go into the options menu of the dcs start screen, not the ingame options menu. There is a special "VR" section in the controls section (make sure to select "general") where you have to enter Num5 for "recenter view" and then there appears a progress bar which runs through all planes setting Num5 as standard for recenter view. This certainly is due some changes with GUI stuff in Ver 2.8, seems a bit odd though.

• Like 1

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

Sir, Yes- I'm afraid that you are right. 

But the trouble started after the 2.8 update. In 2.7 VR centering worked well. So maybe there is a small little ... how can I say .... <profanity> up in the new update. 

Thank you very much and let's hope for the very best.

Kind regards and cheers

TOM

Post scriptum: DST I've tried but still with no success. But thank you very much and I'm happy that it works well for you. Have good flights

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Nothing in here works for me. Still can't center VR.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello??? Why is nobody talking about this? I have this problem on 2 separate machines and can't reset my center VR. Fix this!

ROTORCRAFT RULE

• 1 month later...

Still having this problem on 2 different machines. How do you reset the forward VR view now?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

When I had this problem on Quest2, I deleted the guardian history within the Oculus software.
-Problem gone.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Guardian was disabled for me but just for kicks I cleared it but it didn't do anything. I have 2 machines where resetting the center view in VR does not work by pressing the 5 key on the numpad anymore and there no longer appears to be a way to reset the view. Devs?

ROTORCRAFT RULE