When Multiplayer and Multicrew, Radio Menu Ceases to Function

Saber2243

Bug submit form, Multicrew Radio Menu Does Not Work:

Bug: When flying multicrew, trying to use the radio menu does not work, Tankers, AWACS, and the supercarrier will not respond to radio calls

Can I reproduce it 100%: Yes

If not 100%, how often out of 10: 

How to reproduce/ description:

Step 1: F-14B cold/hot/air start

Step 2: Tune Radio to intended frequency

Step 3: use radio menu binds to contact AI aircraft (tanker was our usual test subject)

Result: No response from AI

Neither Pilot nor RIO can contact once the RIO slots in, even if the RIO slots out and is replaced by jester, the AI will continue to not respond to radio calls. 

DCS Version:  2.8.0.32066 Open Beta

System Specs:

Varied-able to reproduce across multiple people

Peripherals:

Varied-able to reproduce across multiple people

Headtracker: Varied

Mission File: Attached

Log: N/A

Track: Attached, 

Video/ Screenshots:

Mods: This track file was generated after disabling mods, I am currently running a repair, if a new track is needed post repair, let me know and I will provide

---

testing29OCT22.miz server-20221029-154047.trk

Another issue that might be related to this also happens with a human RIO. The radio frequencies are incrementing by .005 (on their own). You can see the increase on SRS, but not on the radio frequency repeater in the cockpit. This happens with either manually tuned frequencies or using preset channels. Sorry I don't have a track as this was during a long MP session where we realized this mid flight. 

Edited by Kondor77

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1638295465?t=01h23m04s

You can see my squadron dealing with this for around 90 minutes on our weekly mission twitch VOD linked above.  You'll notice at random both of my radios (in my crewed F-14B) continue to mhz hop and the tanker doesn't respond to us.

However, our wingmen flying with jester, as well as the F-18's were able to hear the tanker, AWACS and ATC calls etc.

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

I am also having the frequency hop issue, observed in an MP session with two full crew F14B and AV8b on server with latest DCS-SRS. Radio frequency was indicated correctly in each cockpit but SRS showed a 0.005Mhz frequency hop. Unable to find a work around at this point, unsure if it is a random, time bound or activity bound uncommanded frequency increment, but I would guess it it is to do with PTT presses.

Edit: From the DCS-SRS discord

image.png

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

I attempted to correlate this with PTT presses but in a crewed aircraft with NOBODY pushing PTT at all... we still had the radios jumping 0.005 at random.  I dont believe that is tied to PTT at all.

• Like 1

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

I was just about to write a bug report when I saw that somebody beat me to it.

Some additional info to help track down the problem:

1) It happens regardless of whether the pilot is the host, the RIO is a client, the other way round or whether both crew members are clients.

2) If the pilot respawn happens quickly after sending a radio call, in the new jet (at least when starting hot) one can actually hear the reply to the call made in the old jet.

On 10/30/2022 at 1:35 PM, Kondor77 said:

Another issue that might be related to this also happens with a human RIO. The radio frequencies are incrementing by .005 (on their own). You can see the increase on SRS, but not on the radio frequency repeater in the cockpit. This happens with either manually tuned frequencies or using preset channels. Sorry I don't have a track as this was during a long MP session where we realized this mid flight. 

+1 noticed the same here