How to disable Halloween Feature please?

Dangerzone
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I'm fine with a bit of fun. But....
Heads up on this would have been nice so we could have turned it off before finding it in game.
I like my experience to be more of a flight sim and not a flight arcade game.

An easier way to turn it off is a must if this stuff is going to be in the game. An option in settings rather than downloading a file and putting it into saved games folder is not ideal.

I get the humor and dont want it to go away. I just dont appreciate the way the implementation of it occurred.

Edited by Lancer68
  • Like 5

Considering how many real bugs you added with this update, for adding such intrusive changes, clear communicating that they are Halloween Eastereggs and not bugs would have been very much appreciated. Like many others, I thought the constant green tint was a bug, you know, like the broken reflections and double language buttons in the KA-50...

At least add a one-click option to disable such changes next time around and maybe don´t release them together with a buggy major version update...

Edited by J-man
  • Like 2

Autoexec " i made" but unfortunately apart from visual and sound effects still AWACS and its messages are completely broken ... It breaks off, is thrown out for a dozen at a time. Does not respond to inquiries. I am flying the F-15C, the question is whether it is only in the F-15C module or all FC3 modules or in general AI AWACS broke down after this helloween hit. ???

On 10/31/2022 at 3:08 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

no_easter_eggs = true

in autoexec.cfg in the saved games DCS config folder. 

autoexec.cfg 132 B · 277 downloads

LOL, I thought it was another symptom of getting old! Some ppl get tore up like a train wreck, pretty miserable!

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Can we stop with the character attacks - please.

Some people enjoyed this, and so far I haven't seen anyone proposed to stop them from having fun or access to this feature. Other people were caught out, spent hours trying to 'repair' DCS thinking that their game was broken, etc and some scheduled campaigns were ruined for them which left them understandably frustrated, which is disappointing that it turned out this way considering that ED did this with only the best of intentions and good gesture. And then there's others that just want to know how to turn it off, which we now know how to. 

Calling people crybabies, sourpusses, grinches, haters, and miserable people is not helpful, and frankly reflects more on those making such comments than it does those who the comments are targeted against such as anyone else who would prefer to be able to disable this or have a heads up to save them troubles in the future.

If you have a problem with the way it was handled, please address the issue and come up with constructive critisism/alternatives. Conversely, if you have a problem with people wanting changes to be advised or have an option in game - address their suggestions or recommendations constructively please - and not attack them with your perceived character of other posters just because they have different preferences to you. The worlds full of enough hate and spite as it is. If that's not good enough, maybe we can have a DCS dueling server to hash it out. 

Moving forward I personally would like ED to keep having fun with it's clients. I can see they wanted to surprise people with a bit of fun and many people enjoyed the gesture, and I can see other good options available such as Christmas, Easter, May 4th, April Fools, etc that others have mentioned. 

However it would be nice to learn from this too and improve- to find the best way to accommodate everyone - including those that were negatively impacted. So far an 'easter egg' tickbox option in special conditions or similar so people don't need to search the forums I think has been the best suggestion I've seen todate.

If you disagree - may I please request you respond with a better solution, or attack my suggestions - and not character attacks. 

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dangerzone said:

Can we stop with the character attacks - please.

Ditto! I even posted on the color abnormalities in the "Unknown Bugs" forum after it occurred during our squadron mission, which in the middle of, we had people's DCS crashing, and others with VR questions about green hangers and framerate drops. The entire "Halloween Easter Egg" event would have most likely gone by with nothing but laughs and seen as a really cool thing ED had done... IF it wasn't 4 days following the update from 2.7.xxxxxxx to 2.8.xxxxxx, one of the biggest updates in months, and one full of actual Bugs. It was poor timing, and some of us actually did spend a lot of unnecessary time trying to troubleshoot the colors.  Time to let this subject fade away and learn from it, but seriously, stop dissing the people who had events disrupted and spent time trying to fix the "2.8 Update" because of it. 

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

1 hour ago, ChessurCat said:

yo I actually really like it, is there a way to turn it on whenever I want? 

yeah, looks pretty sick on night missions, I kept a copy of the autoexec.cfg.

• Like 2

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I can´t stop laughing after reading this thread. Don´t take this PC game too seriously guys.

You ain´t no real pilots, you´re just gamers having fun operating good looking pixels on your monitor screen 🙂 

So enjoy the game we all love with everything it brings and stay passionate about flying. DCS is a great game and a great simulator even with zombies onboard for few days with extra fun 👍

• Like 5

I am not going to disable it. It was a fun surprise and I appreciate the spirit from the team, after all they did this for all of us ❤️ Maybe the lighting could have been toned down a little bit (I was sure I had messed up some settings) but other than I like it. - looking forward to Christmas (?) 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, BIGNEWY said:

correction -

event is for the 31st and 1st November after that it will automatically disable

I missed all the fun, bc I was busy with fixing my mission 🙄

Can the Easter... um Halloween Egg be reactivated after the 1st of November? 😃

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
Just now, Captain Orso said:

I missed all the fun, bc I was busy with fixing my mission 🙄

Can the Easter... um Halloween Egg be reactivated after the 1st of November? 😃

Unlucky you missed the fun! Sorry not possible as far as I am aware

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Awww 😪

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

16 hours ago, Goliathus said:

I can´t stop laughing after reading this thread. Don´t take this PC game too seriously guys.

You ain´t no real pilots, you´re just gamers having fun operating good looking pixels on your monitor screen 🙂 

So enjoy the game we all love with everything it brings and stay passionate about flying. DCS is a great game and a great simulator even with zombies onboard for few days with extra fun 👍

Oh snap, better let work know I'm not a real pilot, boy I'm in trouble😅

• Like 1