Why a demo?

VVanks

Isn't this an expansion to the original Lomac? They're including everything in the expansion in the demo. Why bother buying the game? (Of course, people will still buy it)

Rather, I think it would be better if they re-released the original Lomac demo (to bring new people into the game) or just don't release a demo what so ever.

Yeah whats the thought process here???

The only real reason I could see them wanting to release a demo is to see how there servers are going to be when a thousand people jump on it to download it at once. It seems to me that they like to make sure things work correctly, which isnt a bad thing. But I dont get the logic in releasing a demo to an add-on when most people that will buy FC already know what they are getting. Its not like you can have FC as a stand alone game, at least I didnt think so.

Anyways its good to see some progress being made but I hope this demo thing isnt a way to delay the final product longer. Maybe they will release both demo and full version at the same time so you can try it before you buy it?

uh..lomac 1.1 is NOT being reboxed and sold at stores. For any country out of russia, 1.1 will have to be payed for via a program like paypal and attained via internet download.

I think them providing a demo is GREAT. First off, its just common sense that it provides a "demo" of the addon. having a demo for the addon is self explanatory. Also, this demo could take the place of the EXTREMELY outdated original lomac v1.0 demo. That one was a very low build number behind what we have now and was NOT a good representation of LOMAC at its fullest potential.

This 1.1 demo will be a full stand alone exe. That means it will be perfect for people who have never played lomac before to download this one instead and see what lomac holds for them.

KuostASigcopy.png

A demo sounds like a smart move to attract more people from the western market. Many people whom might not know anything about lomac will stumble over the demo, get lock-on v.1 for nothing and then buy the add-on. At least i hope so. Reviewers might be more interested also if theres a demo for download available. A demo get also get the impression of a stronger marketing strategy.

This 1.1 demo will be a full stand alone exe. That means it will be perfect for people who have never played lomac before to download this one instead and see what lomac holds for them.

This sounds very important to me. I only play games I could test before. Now if there's no demo, ppl have the option of emule which could prevent them of actually buying the game.

Very good move IMO. Now back at reading the manual :D .

uh..lomac 1.1 is NOT being reboxed and sold at stores. For any country out of russia, 1.1 will have to be payed for via a program like paypal and attained via internet download.

I think them providing a demo is GREAT. First off, its just common sense that it provides a "demo" of the addon. having a demo for the addon is self explanatory. Also, this demo could take the place of the EXTREMELY outdated original lomac v1.0 demo. That one was a very low build number behind what we have now and was NOT a good representation of LOMAC at its fullest potential.

The rebadged and reboxed thing was a euphemism, it being sold as a full package in the CIS by 1C is what I was referring to.

Copied from the LOMAC website:

Distribution

The product can be obtained in the following ways:

Full version on CD: Russian version is distributed by 1C in the CIS territories;

Web site download: Download the add-on to Lock On: Modern Air Combat (Lock On: Modern Air Combat required). -- The English version can be downloaded from http://www.LockOn.ru. Payment will be via PayPal and the download will be approximately 250 MB. The add will works with English, German and French versions of Lock On;