Chocks as default.

RuskyV

When cold starting the F16 could we have the chocks in as default?

Might help in some situations where people have alignment issues where the jet has moved a small amount either by rearmament or a cracked open throttle rolling the jet forward. 

• Like 14

+1 Would be much more realistic.

• Like 5

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

i think you can do this via custom args in the description.lua

use modelviewer to find out which argument is for the wheel chocks and then add it to the .lua and they should be visible at cold start.  you can do canopy open as well.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

• 1 year later...

i support this request. I believe F-16's nearly always start up with wheel shocks in place right? i mean i didnt see even 1 video of them not beeing in place before startup.

• Like 2

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

Off course they have wheel chocks in place, cause the parking brake disengages with power off and the plane can roll out.

I really don't know what the big deal is for ED to add this, it has been asked for a year or two ago.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 4

It is extremely well evidenced that F-16s start while in chocks. We have requested multiple times over many years. I am curious, why hasn't ED made them the default?

Edited by ACS_Dev
Walking tone back a bit.
  • Like 1

In Kyriat Shmona airbase in the Syria map the plattform where you spawn is tilted, so the F-16 will move forward a couple of meters until you can turn on the batteries and apply the brakes.

• Like 3