Mission 09–Trigger Bug?

• 2 weeks later...

@baltic_dragon

I just tried the same mission today with the same Bug present. I've played this mission a bunch, so I know when things should happen. But yeah same time as the OP states, right after Venom says they are on the Move, nothing progresses..Usually at this time, is when the Infantry start firing from the Oil Drum and we have to use guns on them. Those infantry never appear.  I tried again through ME, and same thing. Tracks are to big, but I attached a pic of the last few events before all came to a stop. I don't know if it's a trigger, or a DCS Bug, but wanted to let you know.  Thanks. 

Dave. 

Screenshot 2022-11-23 4.27.13 PM.png

@chase not sure what may be the problem, just tested the mission and it works fine for me. Venom spawns, gets to the assigned place and then enemy sniper shows up. Not sure what could have gone wrong there, as you must have destroyed the previous targets correctly for Venom to spawn / start moving. Maybe some pathfinding problems for infantry, but as I said, cannot reproduce. Perhaps something was fixed in Closed Open Beta under the hood in the meantime. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 11/25/2022 at 12:26 PM, baltic_dragon said:

@chase not sure what may be the problem, just tested the mission and it works fine for me. Venom spawns, gets to the assigned place and then enemy sniper shows up. Not sure what could have gone wrong there, as you must have destroyed the previous targets correctly for Venom to spawn / start moving. Maybe some pathfinding problems for infantry, but as I said, cannot reproduce. Perhaps something was fixed in Closed Open Beta under the hood in the meantime. 

Ok thank you for testing it out. I will try again soon.

Dave.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if it helps, but I almost despaired of the mission yesterday too. I ended up having to play it four times and only got through it because I watched RedKite's runthrough on YouTube. I noticed a big difference:

When he checks in with Venom and gets the request for the nine line, Strike interrupts with the message of the two helicopters. 
Before I am interrupted by Strike and before I respond to the nine line request, I get the message that Venom is blocked by a sniper, followed by the request to decide via the F10 menu whether I or Dutch will execute the attack, directly followed by the request to switch to Strike Channel and to intercept the helicopters.

If I kill the sniper, the mission collapses immediately and nothing happens anymore.
In the end, I ignored the sniper and the F10 prompt and took care of the helicopters. 
Later, when Venom didn't say anything for a while, I activated the F10 prompt with the decision who is to attack the sniper (it was available) and disabled the sniper. Then the mission continued almost normally.

Almost, because the later requested run in from the east I had to do from the northwest, otherwise I got an abort message from Viper (cleared for immediate re-engage), because I would not be in the approach corridor.

On the way home, the tanker crashed (at least it disappeared from the TACAN and could not be found via F2). 

At the fourth attempt, then without tanker everything worked with the two upper walkarounds. (Although I changed my loadout to 6 JDAMS at that time - wanted to speed through the mission)

If somebody explains to me how I export the trackfiles I will happily share them

Zitat

As for this: If I remember correctly, Venom spawned right at the crossroads, then disappeared again, and later ran back to it.

Edited by This
too dumb to cite correctly

• 2 months later...

Hi. I'm having the same problem - Dutch and I blow up the armoured vehicle and outpost, Venom spawns, says on the move. And then nothing - no sniper spawns so the mission cannot progress. Playing the new MT beta on Steam. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 2:33 PM, Gloopy said:

Hi. I'm having the same problem - Dutch and I blow up the armoured vehicle and outpost, Venom spawns, says on the move. And then nothing - no sniper spawns so the mission cannot progress. Playing the new MT beta on Steam. 

@baltic_dragon

This seams to be a thing again. I'm running the latest OB. Same thing as usual. After the troops start moving, they stop and the snipers do not show and then radio silence. You had done a fail safe of sorts to push the story along in an earlier build, maybe that trigger is now broken? Could you possibly add an F10 menu item for us to force the mission along when this happens? It's some times random, but happens more times than not. I have this flight recorded if you want it. and I also have the DCS Log. if you think either of them will help. But you can see my screen shot above which i posted a while ago which is dealing with the same scenario. Thank you for the constant upkeep of your missions. 

Dave

Since I was surprised by another OB this morning I went ahead and re flew the mission only to find out it's even worse now than before. 

Now once the Helo's emerge, my WM shoots one down, but then the other either crashes or got shot down. So now the mission won't progress

passed the Helo part.  

I do have a video recording of this if you need it. I will need to upload it which takes time, so I'm not going to do so, unless asked. 

I'm hoping you can easily see what the problem is. 

Thanks

Dave. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave. For the snipers part, I cannot reproduce it, it works fine on my end - the ground troops are advancing, enemy is spawning... I've seen it many times that certain bugs appear from some people and not for others. As for the helos I'll ask someone to check it, I am away from my rig until early September so can't fly any missions. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

6 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

As for the helos I'll ask someone to check it, I am away from my rig until early September

So if your unable to fly the mission how did you test the spawning of the snipers?, being the helo is the same miz. Or are you simply stating your findings from earlier tests? If that is the case, what can i do to show you the problem i encounter. A video and a log file? What file(s) would help you if any? And where do i find the files.

Dave

Hi @chase

I just flew the mission. Everything triggered perfectly from what I can tell. Both Helo's went down and I progressed to the next target and the snipers.

I know this gets said a lot, but try disabling any and all mods before flying campaign missions....they can cause funky stuff.

I always take my dcs back to vanilla before flying campaigns.

Hope you get it right, this is an amazing mission!

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

On 8/9/2023 at 3:44 PM, Jakes said:

I know this gets said a lot, but try disabling any and all mods before flying campaign missions....they can cause funky stuff.

Thank you for the test. I will try again with no mods.

• 3 weeks later...

This mission seems broken for me as well. I'm able to destroy the APC and the outpost. Venom does a BDA, reports targets destroyed, and says they are on the move. Then radio silence and nothing after that. I even CRTZ+Zd the clock into FFW and established an orbit until I ran out of gas.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just ran into this issue with the 2.9.0.47168 build.  Venom said they'd go, and they spawned, but then didn't move.  I found them with the ATFLIR and they weren't moving; some were kneeling and others were lying down.  It looks like they were reacting to a threat and ignoring any move orders. I've seen the same thing in some of the small missions I create.  I attached a Tacview file where one can see Venom spawn and then stop moving.  They never fired, or were fired on.  I circled for a bit to see if they'd get unstuck, but that never happened.

Tacview-20231113-204549-DCS-R1 M09.zip.acmi

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 6:55 AM, baltic_dragon said:

It works well on my end every time, but then the ground AI is super finicky - especially if there is smoke or destroyed vehicle anywhere near. Did you fly in ST or MT? In MT these things seem to be more buggy. 

Tried it again today on the most recent build (2.9.1.48335) and it worked.  I don't know what was different, maybe nothing, but it worked.  The joys of infantry in DCS.  😀

I'm on MT. 

Thanks for the help, and for a fun campaign! (2nd time playing through it.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1