Technical Question

VPC Airfield Equipment has a couple of small open aircraft shelters in it.  You can pick an aircraft - in this case the A29B - and if you select flyable you can start a mission from under the shelter, as you always could. If, however, post the 2.8 update you select that aircraft as an AI it is moved to the next closest free parking space, its no longer under the shelter although it remains shown as under the shelter in the ME drop downs.

My question is - does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, I have been fiddling with this for a couple of days and I'm fresh out of ideas, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Screen-221108-191721.png

Screen-221108-191942.png

Edited by crazyeddie

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Hi Eddie,

Maybe you are placing the shelter as a Static Object ... try to place it as a Ground Unit of type Fortification. I tested, and it works for me .. this was my test mission:

Test VPC & A29.miz

Edit: And here is a short video of it .. the aircraft is AI of course.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I will try that, thanks Rudel. 

YES - that works just fine. And that tells me something else about a change in the game which I not considered, and which I need to explore a bit more to see what else has changed, many thanks.   👍👍👍

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1