F-5A/CF-5A/NF-5A/F-5B

exhausted

This aircraft, or combinations thereof, was used by more countries than the current F-5E. Along the the F-104, the F-5 was in plentiful supply with many NATO and allied air forces during the Cold War. The F-5A would make a great addition because it was designed to carry out many missions and lots of documentation exists.

The Early F-5s should come as a package, since the basic F-5A lacks refueling capability yet the CF-5As have this feature. Additionally, this cheap, expendable aircraft would be quite at home in the upcoming Kola Peninsula map, the Syria map and the Nellis map. 

I look forward to buzzing around in this aircraft, doing things the current F-5E doesn't do, like air to air refueling. Plus, pretty wingtip tanks!

Edited by exhausted
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Totally agree. I believe they received a wiring upgrade and had limited anti corrosion measures made, in addition to the refueling probe.

That wouldn't effect the cockpit so the C would be nice. When we get a Vietnam map a Skoshi Tiger campaign would be nice

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, upyr1 said:

I'd toss in the F-5C as well I believe they were basically As with in flight refueling 

Of what I can find in my limited written literature on the F-5C, it would indicate they were little more than F-5As with AAR. Don't quote me, though.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

37 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Of what I can find in my limited written literature on the F-5C, it would indicate they were little more than F-5As with AAR. Don't quote me, though.

That's what I have read too so it won't be too hard to do if we get an a.