1.1 Demo Bugs

I've noticed a couple minor ones so far...

The frame rate counter does not work even though it is listed in the key commands as Ctrl-Backspace.

The Ctrl-F5 view lists all ground objects in the title bar as whatever aircraft you are flying.

The bomb release mode in the A-10 seems to default to single release for your first drop after you've RCVRed no matter what you have the dial set to. i.e. I've ejected, RCVRed, set the dial to ripple pairs and the quantity to 4, push the pickle button, and only one bomb comes off the rails. Subsequent drops seem to work properly.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

and mouse panning and key board view panning seems to stick...I mean the if u r rotating view around the plane it keeps on rotating...doesn't stop.. only some frantic key smashing stops it.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yeah, I also noticed that after a while the commands get "stuck". (zoom keeps zooming in/out, aircraft is hardly under control and even game commands (such as "ESC" are really delayed)

I thought it was my joystick software (I was having some troubles with it) but after I closed down LO:FC and restarted it I recognised it was a possible game bug.

I haven't experienced that one. Just an idea and a shot in the dark. Are you guys using some kind of joystick profiling software? I use the Saitek control centre for my X45, and if I don't clear out the default commands LOMAC assigns to my stick in the actual game input menu, they often conflict, and do weird things sorta like what you describe.

I could be completely off the mark in your case.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Another shot in the dark:

Your existing lomac isntall may -somehow- be interfering with the demo ... we know that this has been the case before, might be the case now, too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I haven't experienced that one. Just an idea and a shot in the dark. Are you guys using some kind of joystick profiling software? I use the Saitek control centre for my X45, and if I don't clear out the default commands LOMAC assigns to my stick in the actual game input menu, they often conflict, and do weird things sorta like what you describe.

I could be completely off the mark in your case.

I use the Saitek X36 NT driver (freeware). I never had problems with LockOn. I had some troubles with the update to drivers version 3.0 so I just switched back to 1.x. But if it was the joystick I don't think it would have been OK without restarting the OS. Since it was sufficient to restart FC, I think it were the FC commands which jammed. not sure 100% BTW, it was just my impression.

I had the sticky keys problem too, and when it happened even the joystick didnt respond well. I also use profiling software (foxy 4.0) so I cleared all auto assigned commands. I dont think its causing this though. Yeah, also when it started I set all my graphcis setting to low, with no effect at all. However, after I've restarted the demo, the bug was completely gone and I never got it again (have been playing it for about 3.5 hours).

One more thing I've noticed is that some functions are missing, for example cockpit lights wont turn on and trim reset doesn't work either. Or maybe the lights arent supposed to switch on when its light outside :?.

su-25 trim issue?

I have an x45, not using any profiling software, one of the slider knobs on the throttle is mapped to "Trim Pritch". I can trim on the A-10 but not the Su-25, can anyone with an x45 (or mapping sliders to trim in the game) check it out?

If you are using profiling software it doesn't count because the profiler uses the keyboard trim keys and not the joystick axes buttons.

Wahhh! Dont tell me its the old Joystick bug,

(When i hold the cooliehad to view in an direction,

it stucked, an i have to stop pushing the coolie had,

and then press again, and so on....)

who was fixed in 1.02, and this was the point why i

dont buyed LockOn on release, but at the 1.02 Update....

(Why is an old Bug, in an new software-version again?!)

When it is the same bug, i will not buy the 1.1 Addon,

cause the release Lockon was unable to play for me,

because of the Joystik commands beeing "disturbed". :( :( :(

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg

su-25 trim issue?

I have an x45, not using any profiling software, one of the slider knobs on the throttle is mapped to "Trim Pritch". I can trim on the A-10 but not the Su-25, can anyone with an x45 (or mapping sliders to trim in the game) check it out?

If you are using profiling software it doesn't count because the profiler uses the keyboard trim keys and not the joystick axes buttons.

I too have a X-45 with trim mapped to pov3 (in game, not saitek software) and I have no problems with trimming the Su-25 in the demo.

Actually I have not came across any bugs yet.

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

Ok, well... you guys scared me....

But it seems to work all right for me... :D

Don`t could find the old joystick bug.

But when i stop the game (with the S key),

and i try to look around in the cockpit with keybord or joystick,

i only tip the key quickly, but my view has a kind of delay,

and dont stops for a short time. I keep turning my head,

but i dont press the button anymore.

This is only happening when iam in the pause mode (S key).

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg

I also have the bug that has been reported - it looks like after a short time the game starts to respond very slowly to inputs - or, specifically, there is great lag between input and action. This applies to keyboard and stick, and it isn't really acceptable.

ED, have you guys encountered this before? Is there a fix? Is there anything we can do to help you debug it? It doesn't seem to be easily reproducible - it is consistently reproducible only on some machines, as youc an see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Look sliek it may have to do with the force feedback setting ... I switched it to false - but I did experience a brief 'keyboard take over' while the game was paused.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had some fps slow-down and video glitching at first, plus the Su-25 sound dropped out when in external views while watching the AI fly. If you changed to weapon or ground vehicle views then switched back to F2 or F3, the Su-25 sound disappeared (didn’t seem to affect the A-10), but you could still hear the Su launch its weapons. The sound only restored again if you jumped into the pit, then jumped out again.

I fixed this problem by converting 100% of the sound files that come with the demo from their original .ogg formats to .wav format, and now the demo runs much smoother and the Su sound-dropout problem went away entirely.

One other problem which persists though is an fps slow-down which occurs when using the cannon against armour. In this demo the tanks have virtual suspension physics, and thus they respond to bumps in the roadway, however, this physics effect seems to cause a significant fps slow-down as you are lining-up a tank for a cannon run-in. The more tanks in a moving column, the greater the slow down. The problem exhibits as a noticeable drop in fps, which translates to less pitch and roll aim-point precision in practice as you're getting closer to a firing distance. This does not occur in 1.02.

Is anyone else finding this happening to them?

Other than this it all seems to work, I had no problems whatsoever in setting up the CH HOTAS or the options with 1.1, and have had no control issues other than the sticky external view issue.

That spinning rotating view and zoom that won't stop. I have that, but only, I repeat only when the game is paused, once I unpause the game all is good.

The SU-25 is a joy to fly, the balacing, landing, aaaw man. Why am I here writing? I could be flying it!

be back later?

I need to check that one bomb drop thing. I saw in a "demo" that came with the demo that the A-10 dropped four rockeyes, not 1-2-3-4 but two pairs. I need to check that again. I had a bit to drink when I checked it so I don't trust what I saw to 100%.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

yes keyboard trim works, and other trim assigned keys work. Axes trim does not. I would be interested in knowing anyone who setup his trim like this and works for the a10 and su25. If it is really a bug I hope the devs can fix it in time for full release

ScreenShot_002.jpg

• ED Team
I also have the bug that has been reported - it looks like after a short time the game starts to respond very slowly to inputs - or, specifically, there is great lag between input and action. This applies to keyboard and stick, and it isn't really acceptable.

ED, have you guys encountered this before? Is there a fix? Is there anything we can do to help you debug it? It doesn't seem to be easily reproducible - it is consistently reproducible only on some machines, as youc an see.

Without right way or track for reproduction that issue, we can't fix it. If that depend of machines that may be a configuration problem with memory or not proper memory management or driver problems, anything...

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

and mouse panning and key board view panning seems to stick...I mean the if u r rotating view around the plane it keeps on rotating...doesn't stop.. only some frantic key smashing stops it.

Yes, I've seen this too ... you end up with you nose in the radio or spinning round madly in external view :( ... also, in general, seems like a big FPS hit .... can't verify that of course, no FPS counter! Also, ground detail seems reduced ... I guess 1.02 took a lot of tweaking and so will 1.1 or maybe I'm going to have to buy a new laptop!

AFM is 'interesting' ... more floaty in pitch, like flying on the end of a piece of elastic ... had a great crash landing though :)

James