What do HDG SET KNOB - DEPRESS, CRS SET/BRIGHTNESS CONTROL KNOB - DEPRESS do?

Hippo
Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

Thx.

(I was hoping that they might set the bugs to current heading, but afaict they appear to do nothing.)

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, Hippo said:

Thx.

(I was hoping that they might set the bugs to current heading, but afaict they appear to do nothing.)

IIRC one changes the HSI modes (I think CRS depress), and the other does nothing.

Edit: oops, probably incorrect 🙂

Edited by jaylw314
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bukizzzz said:

''The intensity of the EHSI symbology can be changed by depressing (hold in until “BRT” label appears in the center of the display) and then rotate the EHSI Course Set Knob located on the lower right corner of the EHSI''

Ah, that sounds more right 🙂

• Thanks 1

• Solution

On the EHSI both the HDG and CRS knobs can be depressed. As stated above, depressing the CRS knob is how you adjust the brightness of the EHSI. I don't think depressing the HDG knob does anything. But you can click and depress it in the cockpit too. 

@jaylw314 EHSI Mode is changed with the "M" button that is located between the CRS and HDG knobs, centered below the EHSI display.

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

On the EHSI both the HDG and CRS knobs can be depressed. As stated above, depressing the CRS knob is how you adjust the brightness of the EHSI. I don't think depressing the HDG knob does anything. But you can click and depress it in the cockpit too. 

@jaylw314 EHSI Mode is changed with the "M" button that is located between the CRS and HDG knobs, centered below the EHSI display.

HDG Depress per MLU M3 does something called INU ATTITUDE (ATT) SELECT FUNCTION but couldn't figure out what exactly it is, it's not referenced again in the handbook

If anyone knows do tell

Edited by bukizzzz
spelling
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 6:05 PM, Frederf said:

The heading selection by bumping and turning the HDG knob is for setting a manual INS aircraft heading during a gyro alignment. Basically if the INU can't work out the airplane heading automatically it's how you enter a "good enough" manual one.

Thanks for the explanation, have spent an hour looking for that answer.