Open XR broken after the last upgrade

X_legio

Try to reset the global open composite switcher to steamvr and then back to open composite. Swapchain image timeouts can be any number of things though, requests have been made to increase the timeout value but not made it's way though yet.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

I'm using the latest OpenComposite build with todays patch, and it is working fine. I'm using the standalone DLL however and using OVGME  as opposed top the switcer.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

16 minutes ago, X_legio said:

Can you explain better ?

I don't use the system wide installer (I'm assuming you do). I use the DLL here: https://znix.xyz/OpenComposite/download.php?arch=x64&branch=openxr

And use OVGME (mod manager) to swap it into the DCS bin directory.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• 2 weeks later...

...Same here - same error on certain MP servers. Unfortunately also on our squadron server - but interestingly, not always, on some missions it works without hassles. I have now switched to an older version of OpenComposite, which seems to help so far.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited by Thomas_LOLW

Intel Core i5-12600KF, 6x 3.60 GHz, 4xE, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, Windows 11. VR in Reverb G2 and Oculus Quest 2

I was having the same problem. yesterday I updated to the latest composite drivers plus updated my NVIDIA drivers (they were a little on the old side) - and I haven't had a crash since. Not saying it's fixed the issues, but maybe make sure that Windows, your GPU Drivers and OpenComposite are all running the latest version?

dcs.log-20221204-110654.zip

4 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

I was having the same problem. yesterday I updated to the latest composite drivers plus updated my NVIDIA drivers (they were a little on the old side) - and I haven't had a crash since. Not saying it's fixed the issues, but maybe make sure that Windows, your GPU Drivers and OpenComposite are all running the latest version?

I made sure everything was updated, but still no luck. Game is crashing still

I attach the log 

Thank

Nic

Edited by nic464
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nic464 said:

dcs.log-20221204-110654.zip 257.46 kB · 1 download

I made sure everything was updated, but still no luck. Game is crashing still

I attach the log 

Thank

Nic

My apologies. I notice in the log you're on OpenBeta (2.8). I'm on Stable Release (2.7), so I don't know whether or not there may be a difference between the two versions that's causing crashes to still occur on 2.8?

FWIW - I flew again last night after posting my previous reply and didn't experience any crashes (in 2.7) like I was the previous day before updating everything.

• ED Team

No issues here, updated open composite and DCS 2.8 

Try uninstalling open composite and reinstalling 

run a repair of DCS also 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2