F-16 EPU problems

DDG
Go to solution Solved by Lord Vader,

I was studying and testing EPU performance of DCS Viper, two things seem strange to me.

1. EPU automatically disabled after successful engine restarting in flight, even the switch remains norm. AFAIK it need to be manually turned off to terminate EPU command after restarting the engine, then back to norm

2.EPU automatically disabled after flame out touch down, I've tried both throttle off and idle, it seems to be incorrect and cause trouble.

Tracks are below(landing sucks because I was using keyboard just for testing)

EPU DISABLED AFTER LANDING.trk ENGINE RESTART.trk

• Like 1

• ED Team

A reported has been made for the team to investigate. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi @DDG

1- This is a potential bug, thank you for bringing this up. Reported internally.

2- This, needs more clarification. It's also a bug, but, you're not following correct procedures. You need to turn the EPU to ON prior to touchdown.
Currently, however, this doesn't change anything, and the EPU still turns off. And that's not intended. Also Reported.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 8 months later...

Is in my track everything OK with EPU support of F-16 systems?

Is is ok to EPU shutdown when weight on wheels? Some Avionics going off,... not seeing PFM on HUD for example...
What exactly is EPU powering / supporting?

Here is my track of High Key flameout landing at Nellis with engine shut down and EPU operating.

High Tacan SOF.trk

Edited by GumidekCZ