HP Reverb Pro Thicker Face Mask Cushion

Bulldog_1

Does anyone know where I can acquire a thicker face mask cushion for a HP Reverb Pro?

Edited by Bulldog_1

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Or maybe a modification of the original cushion. Any ideas?

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

• Bulldog_1 changed the title to HP Reverb Pro Thicker Face Mask Cushion

Depending on what you are trying to achieve mounting an additional pad to the existing mask might solve it? But my understanding is that doing so will have the effect of reducing the apparent FOV?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yeo thicker the cushion, narrower the FoV. Usually, we're trying to thin the cushion 😛 Amazon has quite a few for various headsets, I got one from AMVR with vents that finally solved my fogging problem. 

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

When I had my Reverb Pro G1, I used a 14mm VR Cover replacement pad that was actually designed for an HTC Vive.  With the G1, for some of us, there was a problem with not having enough eye relief inside the headset, which made the edges of the lenses visible.  That 14mm pad (which replaced the HP pad) worked really well for me.  Not sure there was much impact to FOV in that case, since before I installed the pad I could see those lens edges.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

https://us.vrcover.com/collections/windows-mixed-reality/products/facial-interface-and-foam-replacement-set-for-hp-reverb-g2

This one is slightly wider, and more comfortable, for me, than the HP facial interface, and attaches using 4 magnets just like the factory interface has. It comes with new cushions in two thicknesses. They are not cloth like the factory one, but I don't notice a difference in feel, and they're easier to clean with an alcohol wipe/lens wipe, which I do every time I clean the lenses.

Also, when the flimsy attachment point for the overhead strap broke off the HP Reverb G2, I was able to dremel a cutout in the VRCover at the top, it even has an indent there that the factory one does not that sort of provided a guide where to dremel. Doing this I didn't feel too badly because it's only $29 for another one through VRCovers.