AFN-2 Homing on Channel (and Normandy) Map? How?

Eisprinzessin

How can i use the AFN-2 Homing for the german fighters (and the other stuff from the allieds as well of course) on my 2 mentioned maps?

I see no ILS an the theatre map. Do i have to set something in the Mission Editor on the used airfield?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Okay, thought about something like that. And this channel is always running or do i have to select it via the 4 position radio channel wheel?

And another question:

Can i use Freya or other Radar stations as Awacs? Cause i can not set a frequency in ME...

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Depends for which aircraft. In case of the german aircraft, you will have to set it to a compatible frequency and then adjust the AFN-2 frequency of the aircraft in the mission editor if you have set it to something other than the default frequency. Then you probably also have to set a switch on one of the comm box, dont remember which one anymore (but its probably not the 4 channel selector). 

In case of Mosquito, set it to a compatible frequency and the navigator can tune the radios to it himself. 

In case of the Mustang, you need to set it to a compatible frequency and once you are flying switch to the appropriate channel and set the switch to homing. 

Freya and the other EWR should be able to be used as an EWR/AWACS that reports contacts. Tracking radars not so much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I putted a ground unit (Kübelwagen) on the airfield and let him transmit a ogg file which i created (Morsecode DUN) on Freq 50.

Works only in half. The "near - far" indicator works as intended, but the "left - right - on course" needle is just quivering around 6 o'clock all the time and does noch show me a left/right deviation.

Any ideas?

Specs:

It is not possible to add the proper beacons in the mission editor.

You need to edit the beacons.lua in terrain directory for the map and put in ILS localizer, ILS near homer and far homer. Its about 20 lines of code, that for some reason did not get put into Normandy nor Channel map to activate this neat feature in all war birds. 

Let's hope Ugra will invest the 5 minutes of work and supply those beacons for the new Normandy map.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 12:59 AM, Eisprinzessin said:

I putted a ground unit (Kübelwagen) on the airfield and let him transmit a ogg file which i created (Morsecode DUN) on Freq 50.

Works only in half. The "near - far" indicator works as intended, but the "left - right - on course" needle is just quivering around 6 o'clock all the time and does noch show me a left/right deviation.

Did you manage to get it to work? I'm following Chuck's guide and not sure if I'm setting it up wrong or if it's actually still broken 😛