Cougar MFDs Purchased - Looking for recommendation for working screens

Hello,

I used Amazon 8-inch fire tablets and a software called Spacedesk spacedesk | Multi Monitor App | Virtual Display Screen | Software Video Wall which will allow for the pc to see the tablets as displays and/or also an iPad. Once the pc sees the displays you can set up the Xs and Ys to align on the DDI's.

The excess of the tablet I covered by cutting out a piece of a spiral notebook black cover and with the iPad in the middle was barely noticeable. I used double-sided tape to hold everything together, but the one I used was not wide enough and eventually, by pushing on the tablet screen it came apart, which is why I used that paper clip that was barely visible in the front as I trimmed it to slide it into MFD. I suggest 5mm-10mm wide tape to stick to more surfaces between the tablet and MFD but only if you angle it like I did if you position it flat and screw the MFD under your desk then you may not need tape.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Dos

pit2.jpg

23.jpg

11.jpg

Hi There  Thanks for the info, I will start working on this, Also I am using ALIEXPRESS for some better prices. I am going to use a 46 key keyboard as upfront controller, should be nice work around. The F16 is a bit expensive and I will like to make it for A10 and F14 too. Keep you posted! Thanks again.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:14 PM, Steel Jaw said:

Don’t see how you could due to tablet sizes

The same way they do everything else? Few if any are using actual purpose made 4x4 screens, because they barely exist and aren't really fit for purpose.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about something like that... 

https://www.amazon.de/HMTECH-Raspberry-Bildschirm-Tragbarer-Non-Touch/dp/B09QBZCWZJ/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=8+zoll+monitor&qid=1671002931&sprefix=8+zoll+%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-14

its a 7in screen for a Raspberry Pi and the price looks very good... I guess I will just buy 1 and see what happens... 

EDIT: The first thing that will happen is that I need to read more carefully... the USB connector is for power supply only... so if I dont want to take a HDMI output of my GPU (which are already used for the main screens) I will need a USB to HDMI converter....

Edited by Schmafuzius

Aircrafts: F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-15E, JF-17, F-16C, F-4E, A-10C II, AH-64D, Black Shark 3,  Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, FW 190-D, Spitfire LF Mk.,  FC3 + some mods 🙂

Maps: Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai, Nevada, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, Afghanistan, Kola

Packages: Supercruiser, Combined Arms, WW2 Asset Pack

System: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x@3.70GHz, 32GB Ram, Sapphire Radeon RX 580, Samsung 870 Evo 1TB SSD, Win10Pro 64 Bit, 2x24" BENQ

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS, TM TRP Pedals, Total Control Multi Button Box, TM MFD Cougar, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro

I just added a 20” monitor with 3 TM mfd’s mounted on it, works great

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

These are the ones I used for my MFDs, I 3d printed cases for them. There are tons of them on aliexpress and ebay to choose from. 

Screenshot_20221220_063256_eBay.jpg

Edited by EightyDuce

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

I just bought an 11.6" screen and mounted it on an adjustable arm so I can swing it out of the way when not in use, and to get it a lot closer when I am using them.  It works good, I just velcroed then to the edges of the screen.

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I used an 11.7” screen also, $89 shipped on amazon, as well used Velcro stuck to the screen to attach the cougars. The size was right on the money.

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I also used same monitors as eightyduce. They are slightly longer than the cougars, but I built a housing to hide the excess and you choose the format in the Lua file to miss the excess. The issue I had was I found when I exported the images to the mfd’s the in game  mfd’s where super bright and it was always a headache to use them so now I just use the cougar mfd’s for the buttons and look at the screens in game. I will hopefully get the winwing ones in the future. Photo with original screens and then just as the mfd’s if I could have solved the issue of the brightness in game I may have keep them. 

AD4F6AD7-25AD-4F89-ADBD-E311FD734648.jpeg

E297DF9E-90FC-4F17-8BBF-1D102BBEA6C9.jpeg

5 hours ago, danos_2503 said:

I also used same monitors as eightyduce. They are slightly longer than the cougars, but I built a housing to hide the excess and you choose the format in the Lua file to miss the excess. The issue I had was I found when I exported the images to the mfd’s the in game  mfd’s where super bright and it was always a headache to use them so now I just use the cougar mfd’s for the buttons and look at the screens in game. I will hopefully get the winwing ones in the future. Photo with original screens and then just as the mfd’s if I could have solved the issue of the brightness in game I may have keep them. 

AD4F6AD7-25AD-4F89-ADBD-E311FD734648.jpeg

E297DF9E-90FC-4F17-8BBF-1D102BBEA6C9.jpeg

Yeah the contrast and brightness was a bit out of whack on those screens. Winwing appear to be of better quality, picture-wise. 

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2