Two questions about Specials Options.

Hello,

I'd like to ask what can be the reason, that Specials Screen differs between my and my colleague DCS.
My screen contains texts written all in upper case, my colleague not. Also, I have different options within some of combos than he.
nullnullnullWe both have reinstalled the module just now, confirmed, that there's no subdirectory within Mods directory related to the module, then installed it again. As I can see, the texts from my screenshot appears in the LUA files only from within the game Mods directory, so I've not touched the Saved Games directory.

And second question is, what actually should I set in trimmer modes if I am using the FFB stick with pedals having the spring removed, so the rudder will not be anyhow limited, as for now, any option I'll select, it seems to behave alike to the Central Position trimmer.

image.png

image.png

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

2 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

Hello,

I'd like to ask what can be the reason, that Specials Screen differs between my and my colleague DCS.
My screen contains texts written all in upper case, my colleague not. Also, I have different options within some of combos than he.
nullnullnullWe both have reinstalled the module just now, confirmed, that there's no subdirectory within Mods directory related to the module, then installed it again. As I can see, the texts from my screenshot appears in the LUA files only from within the game Mods directory, so I've not touched the Saved Games directory.

And second question is, what actually should I set in trimmer modes if I am using the FFB stick with pedals having the spring removed, so the rudder will not be anyhow limited, as for now, any option I'll select, it seems to behave alike to the Central Position trimmer.

image.png

image.png

If you have a FFB stick like Sidewinder or G-940 or the new one, you select default trim. Works amazing. That being said, using the stick without springs setting for FFB stick gives you identical function as long as FFB boxes are check marked in controls.

For rudder, you can select trim or not it’s your choice. Obviously you can’t detect center without a spring on your pedals, so for pedal trim with springless pedals might want the instant/default option or delayed. But remember any trim reduces your total authority. The real thing has springless pedals and no pedal trim. 

I could see how’s someone could use pedal trim to correct the the yaw channel auto trimming to hold heading, but I just prefer to have always have my MicroSwitch pressed and only released for straight and level cruise. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

@AeriaGloria I tried to to set it up according to Your description and indeed, the below is the closest to my expectations.

image.png

I still wonder, what is actual difference between these three options for Pedals Microswitch Logic.

image.png

Edited by Amarok_73

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Are you on stable version, since my options look different? They basically means the same, but wording is different.

Pedals deflection means that microswitch logic will be activated/deactivated depending on where your pedals are positioned.

Pedals speed means that logic will be activated/deactivated depending on whether you move your pedals or keep them in place.

Third option is just what it says. Microswitches are off all the time, meaning that heading hold is always active. What most of us is using. Just bind something to keep microswitch active.

15 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

@AeriaGloria I tried to to set it up according to Your description and indeed, the below is the closest to my expectations.

image.png

I still wonder, what is actual difference between these three options for Pedals Microswitch Logic.

image.png

Detailed description of MicroSwitch logic, Yaw autopilot, and special settings are in my AP guide. For this thing, go to Section B for Yaw channel. Section II covers DCS simulation and special settings. Section 1 of part B only covers the real life operation of the system. 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

This missing keybinging options are a real pain in the as*. Really...in the KA, in the Hind, if i remember correctly in the MIG-21 (Mirror toggle?) and in the Viggen i missed something as well....why it is so hard to insert this 2 Lines for the Devs?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti