PPA with Laser switch

arnokm

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 7:33 PM, arnokm said:

Is that for AS-30L ?

M2000 Greek HDD.jpg

As @=36=Witcher said, this is an export variant.
I can only assume, but the LASER switch is probably to arm the laser of the TGP.
There is also a TV/ RDR switch on the VTB, probably to switch the video source. 😇

This PPA with laser switch and VTB with TV/ RDR seem to be standard on export Mirage 2000E, even if the country didn't fit TGP in the Mirage.
For instance, you can find these switches on Mirage 2000EG like this VTB.

PB070006.JPG

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 4 weeks later...

I would guess so for the operation mode. Anyway, we also know Indian Mirages have been mostly used as precision bombers, as Indian AF likes their MiG-29 very much and considers them largely superior fighters.

I know RAZBAM doesn't plan to introduce any export variants but frankly, adding that would vastly expand the possibilities of employment while staying on the same technological level as the old basic C model (actually, I think the export Mirages retained the inferior RDM radar?).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 4:50 AM, Delta-canard said:

I would guess so for the operation mode. Anyway, we also know Indian Mirages have been mostly used as precision bombers, as Indian AF likes their MiG-29 very much and considers them largely superior fighters.

I know RAZBAM doesn't plan to introduce any export variants but frankly, adding that would vastly expand the possibilities of employment while staying on the same technological level as the old basic C model (actually, I think the export Mirages retained the inferior RDM radar?).

Yes, export models were fitted with RDM radar which was not very good in look down/ shoot down.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 3 weeks later...