Possible (new?) AI glitch in Event 5 upon landing

Jayhawk1971

Hi Greg,

just flew Event 5 again (2vunk + wildcard):

In the break over Nellis, I gave Hammer the kiss off (text message acknowledged the kiss off and went away), yet the AI stayed on my wing (mimicking my dirtying up the aircraft) all the way to touchdown where it crashed into me and exploded (for whatever reason my right engine was on fire, despite Hammer having been on my left wing). 

Unfortunately I didn't save the track and I have TacView disabled due to VR performance. Could  you or someone else maybe check the mission if you also run into this and - unlike me - have the presence of mind to collect data for ED in case this is reproduceable?

The AI generally seems to be hit and miss, sometimes working as it should, other times going totally bonkers, so this most likely isn't related to anything mission specific, but since this is the mission it happened I figured this would also be the best place to mention it. 🤷‍♂️

In the previous missions everything worked absolutely fine (been coming back to Zone 5 in preparation for Speed and Angels 🙂 ), so maybe (hopefully) this was just a weird AI hickup.

Edit: Radio was set to button 4.

Edited by Jayhawk1971

• 7 months later...