DEVELOPMENT NOTES

Plexus

I look forward to flying this aircraft, as my last WW2 bird (the Mosquito) was two years ago, on 2021.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Plexus The Diagramm of Polar CL/AOA Diagram the redline of cowl Flaps is not following exact the Line of the Chart. Is the cowl Flaps in the DCS test only partly open? 
Or done because difference is minour to not overcomplicate it?

null

image.png

• Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The graph provided is relevant for the La-5FN with the same wing. From reports, we know that this detrimental phenomenon has been reduced for the La-7, hence the decrease in the drop effect on the graph.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Plexus said:

The graph provided is relevant for the La-5FN with the same wing. From reports, we know that this detrimental phenomenon has been reduced for the La-7, hence the decrease in the drop effect on the graph.

The cowl flap itself got smaller on the La7 so less distrubance for the Airflow along wing Root, right?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27