FFB support

markturner1960

Hi, hoping someone from Heatblur can clarify what FFB support there will be in the F4? The F14 is already the best supported jet in DCS for effects etc and a complete joy to fly with my brunner joystick as a result......so I am hoping that with the F4, from the same developers, we can expect similar or even better hard coded FFB effects?

Looking forwards to hearing back from the team! 

• Like 6

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too much for someone from Heatblur to comment on this? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

tumbleweed GIF

Why the deafening silence? Its an interesting and relevant question that can be easily answered surely? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, markturner1960 said:

tumbleweed GIF

Why the deafening silence? Its an interesting and relevant question that can be easily answered surely? 

Maybe they are very busy getting the job done so it can be released and you will have your answer?

• Like 1

🙄Really???? Thats just such a silly response, by that logic, no developers on this forum would EVER respond to any queries - they are always "busy" with something........

• Like 1

If they said there would be no FFB support at launch but that it's coming later would you buy the Phantom?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Certainly I would buy it, FFB or not, I would just be keen to know whats planned to be implemented etc...its as much of a feature of a module as anything else. I just dont understand why someone cant give a simple answer to a polite question, from a customer who has suppported them ... The Tomcat and Viggen both have FFB support and decent effects, so I suppose we might assume the Phantom will as well......it would just be nice to get some feedback from the developers.....

I have no idea of how the control logic is handled in the Phantom, the G-force pulley system in the F14 was designed from the ground up to give the pilot a "force" sensing ability which would allow him to have a pretty good idea on the aerodynamic forces at work on the control surfaces during any given maneuver. This translates pretty great to a FFB joystick. However I can't remember whether we had it at launch, I'm reasonably sure that it was in at launch but honestly I don't remember. 

If the Phantom has something similar then I assume it would make sense that Heatblur will eventually implement it. However it also depends on whether they have access to a working FFB stick. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 1/26/2023 at 5:22 AM, Lurker said:

I have no idea of how the control logic is handled in the Phantom, the G-force pulley system in the F14 was designed from the ground up to give the pilot a "force" sensing ability which would allow him to have a pretty good idea on the aerodynamic forces at work on the control surfaces during any given maneuver. This translates pretty great to a FFB joystick. However I can't remember whether we had it at launch, I'm reasonably sure that it was in at launch but honestly I don't remember. 

If the Phantom has something similar then I assume it would make sense that Heatblur will eventually implement it. However it also depends on whether they have access to a working FFB stick. 

The phantom has a set of "Bellows" in the tail cone, you can see the air inlet on the tail (No, it's not two pitot tubes, the lower one is for the bellows) but as the aircraft goes faster and more air is forced into the bellows, it will add friction to the controls. This was to help the pilots not oversteer the aircraft and throw it out of the flight envelope. It's an all hydraulic system, so the regular forces present on cable and linkages do not apply (as much). 

• 4 weeks later...
В 25.01.2023 в 04:05, Aries144 сказал:

I'm also interested. I love the F-14's implementation of FFB with my MSFF2.

Do you have vibration effects on this joystick when flying on f16?

«А сегодня в завтрашний день не все могут смотреть. Вернее смотреть могут не только лишь все, мало кто может это делать».

16 hours ago, Phantom_Mark said:

No doubt non force feedback stick owners again interjecting the worthlessness of force feedback implementation and support.......gets tiring debating people who have no clue the value of the system - in their minds it is just some exaggerated stick shaking arcade nonsense - right ?

i feel like the poor man was asking a question considering the HOTAS mentioned released in 2008. chill my dude. 

also @markturner1960two things, when a new module is announced it gets a channel on the forums. it’s not always moderated by the devs. that said i’d try tagging a heatblur dev. just remember they don’t often give details about unreleased products. second thing i’m not sure if the F-14 had it on release but if it did i’d say it’s safe to assume the F-4 will too. especially since it’s heatblur. 

I really hope so, especially now FFB is becoming a thing with people. Heatblur are in my opinion the best of all the developers out there, their product always that extra edge - FFB support is one of those things that help set them apart. The viggen also has FFB implemented. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...