MP Comms to load jets keeps not working

Schafft

The menu to change the loadout and skins for my jet keeps not working.  I am on the Steam version. I have done the local file repairs several times and I keep having this issue. Should I change to the stand-alone version? Or is there a fix for the Steam version. 

17 hours ago, Nickkerkwijk said:

What does not work for you? Is the ground crew not responding? Or does the rearm menu not pop up?

If the ground crew isnt responding then check if the airfield is set to your coalition.

Nothing works. the menu doesn't even come up. I've tried to rebind the key and that doesn't work.  I have to reverify local files in Steam for it to work again.

Try this:

1. Go to "Saved Games".
  2. Rename your "DCS..." folder to "DCS_backup" (do NOT delete it, for it contains your custom bindings and more).
  3. Start DCS, log in, connect to a server, and try to call the Comms menu.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 12/26/2022 at 4:10 AM, Flappie said:

Try this:

1. Go to "Saved Games".
  2. Rename your "DCS..." folder to "DCS_backup" (do NOT delete it, for it contains your custom bindings and more).
  3. Start DCS, log in, connect to a server, and try to call the Comms menu.

It didn't work. I have open beta and did it with that folder also.  

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

Can you please make a short track of your issue?

Start a mission, reproduce the issue, then exit and hit "Save Track", then attach it here.

oh man. i already did the local file check in Steam so I'm sure it works now. haven't checked yet.  I will now and let ya know.

It works now that I did the local files check in Steam. I even deleted the fxo and metashaders2 folders to see if that would help but it didn't.  The only thing that fixes it is to check the integrity of the local files in Steam. It's happened three times in two months.  Didn't pay close enough attention to see if it was correlated with an update to DCS. 

Edited by Schafft

OK, so something changes your game files at some point. I'd say either a mod installed in the sim core files or an issue with your drive.

If you don't have any mod installed in the sim core files, you should try a drive repair: https://pureinfotech.com/fix-hard-drive-problems-windows-10/

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 12/31/2022 at 12:59 AM, Flappie said:

OK, so something changes your game files at some point. I'd say either a mod installed in the sim core files or an issue with your drive.

If you don't have any mod installed in the sim core files, you should try a drive repair: https://pureinfotech.com/fix-hard-drive-problems-windows-10/

So. the second time I logged in to fly same fn crap happened. getting real tired of having to do a local repair of systems files every time i want to fly......this is bs. i have it on an SSD. so not sure what is happening. but every time I log in to fly i get the same <profanity>...only thing that fixes it is a local file repair from Steam.....Should i transfer it to the standalone?

I have no mods installed. And shouldn't need a drive repair with and ssd. all my drives are ssd.

Edited by Schafft

4 minutes ago, Schafft said:

So. the second time I logged in to fly same fn crap happened. getting real tired of having to do a local repair of systems files every time i want to fly......this is bs. i have it on an SSD. so not sure what is happening. but every time I log in to fly i get the same <profanity>...only thing that fixes it is a local file repair from Steam.....Should i transfer it to the standalone?

I have no mods installed.

This is not a common error so we need lots more info to try to help.

You need to supply us with information, and lots of it.

What exactly is the issue.
How are you coming to this issue. Tell us step by step how we might recreate it.
What button are you pressing, where are you, what map are you on, what server are you in, or are you in single player.
What aircraft are you flying,
Are you new or new-ish to DCS or a seasoned player of many years?

Am I correct that this is only happening in MP?  Check that you are binding the comms under SIM bindings (rather than GAME bindings).  Most servers are going to force you to SIM mode rather than GAME so if you have things set up in GAME on your computer and the GAME AVIONICS (can't remember exact name) ticked in settings everything may work fine in SP but most of it won't work in MP.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:16 AM, rob10 said:

Am I correct that this is only happening in MP?  Check that you are binding the comms under SIM bindings (rather than GAME bindings).  Most servers are going to force you to SIM mode rather than GAME so if you have things set up in GAME on your computer and the GAME AVIONICS (can't remember exact name) ticked in settings everything may work fine in SP but most of it won't work in MP.

I have only played MP in the last couple years. I don't do single player anymore that I learned the jets i like to fly.  I just did another Steam verify and it didn't work.....no idea why all the sudden the comms menu don't work for me.   it worked for years...now it doesn't. ...can not pull up comms in MP to changed my loadout...I play on hoggit servers. so nothing has changed there. it's t;he same ones I always play on. 

@BIGNEWY @NineLine please see this. it has been driving me nuts. 

On 1/4/2023 at 4:39 AM, jonsky7 said:

This is not a common error so we need lots more info to try to help.

You need to supply us with information, and lots of it.

What exactly is the issue.

When i log into a MP server I cannot call up the menus. 

How are you coming to this issue. Tell us step by step how we might recreate it.

i log into DCS. wait for MP to load. I select it. Wait for the server list to load. my favs to load at the top. I usually select :Hoggit cause I like to play PG. 

What button are you pressing, where are you, what map are you on, what server are you in, or are you in single player.
What aircraft are you flying,

See above. I fly A-10CII and F-16;. MP on Hoggit. Have been for a long time and no issues.;

Are you new or new-ish to DCS or a seasoned player of many years?

Many years. Build my own systems and have a Warthog HOTAS. 

It would appear you are the only one having the issue or this would be all over the forums (it's something almost everyone playing online would encounter almost every time).  That would strongly suggest this is a problem specific to you, not a DCS problem.  The fact that you've done a repair (Steam verify) also suggests it's not a DCS problem.  Therefore it's almost for sure a binding/settings problem.  Did you check that you have it bound in SIM not GAME?  Yes it worked for you previously, but bindings do occasionally get messed up without user intervention.  Also check if you have the settings set to SIM or GAME and that matches where you have the comms menu bound in.  Try it in SP and see if it works there to pin down that it's a MP vs general issue for you.

And PLEASE as asked multiple times already POST A TRACK!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, rob10 said:

It would appear you are the only one having the issue or this would be all over the forums (it's something almost everyone playing online would encounter almost every time).  That would strongly suggest this is a problem specific to you, not a DCS problem.  The fact that you've done a repair (Steam verify) also suggests it's not a DCS problem.  Therefore it's almost for sure a binding/settings problem.  Did you check that you have it bound in SIM not GAME?  Yes it worked for you previously, but bindings do occasionally get messed up without user intervention.  Also check if you have the settings set to SIM or GAME and that matches where you have the comms menu bound in.  Try it in SP and see if it works there to pin down that it's a MP vs general issue for you.

And PLEASE as asked multiple times already POST A TRACK!!!!!!

Sorry for the late reply. life issues get in the way. I have tried to change bindings and it doesn't work.  Default is the \ key. I changed it to the - key on the num pad and back. still no go. now even the Steam verify doesn't work. i went in and showed going through the menus. I didn't know how to do the track file thing and had to figure it out.  I have attached it now. I do not have any mods installed. Only ones straight from Steam for the A/C and maps. I am not new to DCS to answer a previous question.  Settings are on SIM. I have been playing for several years. I haven't changed anything to my system except for new rudder pedals. which i was having this issue before that. I switched to the MFG pedals.  This issue was intermittent before but has now become permanent. Steam verify and binding change don't work.  I tried the Enemy Within campaign and the menu wouldn't come up in there either. it used to but not anymore. I can not play anything in DCS cause this issue will not let me load my jet. I used to play a lot. Almost everyday. Now i can't do anything.

Georgia_At_War_P2_v1.0.2_morning-20230124-174757.trk

Edited by Schafft