sirrah

Redskin_title_screen_v2.jpg

Download link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328249/

Installation:

Unzip into your DCS save games campaign folder

\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.OpenBeta)\Missions\Campaigns\en\

301 REDSKINS

This is a fictional 4-mission mini-campaign for the AH-64D and the Syria map.

The missions are building up in difficulty, with a main focus on atmosphere. Although not required, knowing how to operate the CP/G seat, will definitely improve the experience (each mission briefing will contain a few notes on what the player will need to know for that specific mission).

I'd say, overall difficulty is easy to medium and the missions should be suitable for newcomers (albeit as I created it myself, I obviously know where to look and what to do).

This campaign contains:

• Mission specific kneeboards
  • Mission specific briefing images
  • Partially automated comms
  • Day and night OPS
  • Mission scoring (although very easy on newcomers)
  • "Press spacebar" actions, so it might not be suitable for MP

(no mods required)

I had a lot of fun creating this campaign, hopefully you'll enjoy it too. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Although I did test thoroughly, some bugs might have slipped through. If you find any, please let me know.

Updated version 1.1 - 18/01/2023 - Log:
Mission 2 F10 radio menu not disappearing - FIXED
Mission 2 not progressing at some point - FIXED
Mission 4 scoring problem - FIXED

Updated version 1.2 - 02/07/2023 - Log:
Mission 1 AI flight lead not taking off properly - FIXED

Updated version 1.3 - 15/10/2023 - Log:
Mission 3 AI Apache not in correct parking spot - FIXED
Mission 4 "smuggler escaped" Mission failed problem - FIXED

Updated version 1.4 - 27-01-2024 - Log:
Mission 3 Trigger issues when selecting the "Easy" difficulty mission - FIXED

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 9 Minuten schrieb sirrah:

Redskin_title_screen_v2.jpg

Download link:

Installation:

Unzip into your DCS save games campaign folder

\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.OpenBeta)\Missions\Campaigns\en\

301 REDSKINS

This is a fictional 4-mission mini-campaign for the AH-64D and the Syria map.

The missions are building up in difficulty, with a main focus on atmosphere. Although not required, knowing how to operate the CP/G seat, will definitely improve the experience (each mission briefing will contain a few notes on what the player will need to know for that specific mission).

I'd say, overall difficulty is easy to medium and the missions should be suitable for newcomers (albeit as I created it myself, I obviously know where to look and what to do).

This campaign contains:

• Mission specific kneeboards
  • Mission specific briefing images
  • Partially automated comms
  • Day and night OPS
  • Mission scoring (although very easy on newcomers)
  • 4 SP missions. However, it might be possible to add client slots for MP use (not tested)

(no mods required)

I had a lot of fun creating this campaign, hopefully you'll enjoy it too. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Although I did test thoroughly, some bugs might have slipped through. If you find any, please let me know.

Thanks @sirrah

for working on this campaign and share with us. I‘ll definitely will fly it!👍

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Thanks for sharing. AH-64D activity is much needed.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

6 hours ago, sirrah said:

Thank you so much....

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

On 1/4/2023 at 3:56 AM, sirrah said:

At the moment I'm flying the Mirage F1 (and the Saab Sk.60B Mod), but I saved this Campaign, to fly it when I return to the Apache ... so, thanks a lot for sharing 👍

oB7Gzpj.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to put this together - really slick and I enjoyed it.

However, for the life of me I cannot 'pass' Mission 4 (and therefore the campaign), despite destroying all the crates.  I know its me, but I can't work out what I'm missing / doing wrong...

Flew mission 1 and 2. Had fun.

Small bug with the radio menu, the choice to attack or send wingman didnt disapear. I kill the target before choosing one or the other.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

On 1/15/2023 at 6:55 PM, NAJ said:

Thanks for taking the time to put this together - really slick and I enjoyed it.

However, for the life of me I cannot 'pass' Mission 4 (and therefore the campaign), despite destroying all the crates.  I know its me, but I can't work out what I'm missing / doing wrong...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll double check it as soon as I get the chance (any chance you have a track file?).

Don't doubt your own skills. Perfectly possible I messed up on the mission scoring.

EDIT:

It wasn't you. I made a mistake in the "time-out mission failure" condition

On 1/16/2023 at 9:56 PM, Zarma said:

Flew mission 1 and 2. Had fun.

Small bug with the radio menu, the choice to attack or send wingman didnt disapear. I kill the target before choosing one or the other.

Hmm that's weird, I'm sure it worked when I tested it, but I'll check again. Thank you for reporting!

EDIT:

You were right!

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Campaign updated to version 1.1

Change log:
Mission 2 - F10 radio menu not disappearing - FIXED
Mission 2 - Possibility of mission getting stuck at some point - FIXED
Mission 4 - Time-out scoring problem - FIXED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sirrah and thanks for this mission !

Just wondering for your SPACEBAR action needed. In multiplayer (i want to fly with my HUMAN CPG :D) the spacebar action doesn't work. Is there any solution to switch this action trigger to something else ?

Thanks again for these missions.

1 hour ago, boyington2 said:

Hi Sirrah and thanks for this mission !

Just wondering for your SPACEBAR action needed. In multiplayer (i want to fly with my HUMAN CPG :D) the spacebar action doesn't work. Is there any solution to switch this action trigger to something else ?

Thanks again for these missions.

Ahh, good point! 🤔

That never crossed my mind (mainly because I always operate both seats myself).

I can't really think of an easy fix for this, other than changing the "wait user response" action into a "add radio menu item". But that would mean quite a bit of mission editing. Not difficult, just a bit time consuming. Especially, considering I used this for all four missions several times.

System specs:

I've edited all your missions to be Multiplayer compliant (F10 radio menu only) if needed 😛

So now it's hunting time 😛 but as far as i am now, your campaign seems to be really interresting. Will give my final feedback after mission 4 😛

Edited by boyington2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately at some point a new bug got introduced, where AI won't take off with external tanks.

This broke mission one of my campaign.

Temporary solution (until hopefully fixed soon by ED) is to either skip mission #1, or use the ME and remove the external tanks of the flight lead you are supposed to follow.

Edit: Problem fixed in v1.2

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

• 4 weeks later...

Update to version 1.2

Fixed problem on mission 1 where AI flight lead didn't take off properly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

• 3 months later...

Updated version 1.3 - 15/10/2023 - Log:
Mission 3 AI Apache not in correct parking spot - FIXED
Mission 4 "smuggler escaped" Mission failed problem - FIXED*

*Apparently, ED changed active runway logics a bit, in their latest OB update, which messed up my mission triggers. I had to increase wind speed a fraction, in order to force AI to use the intended runway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

• 3 months later...

In mission 3 I could only select the harder mission option, easier didn't work. On mission 4 I destroyed the Yak-52, but still I got a message that smuggler plane escaped.

Edit: I tried the mission 4 again and this time waited a bit longer before firing on Yak, now I did not get the same message. I destroyed almost all units and after a while I got the RTB message, but score for mission was only 60. I guess I missed something?

Edited by Simonster83

On 1/21/2024 at 12:55 PM, Simonster83 said:

In mission 3 I could only select the harder mission option, easier didn't work. On mission 4 I destroyed the Yak-52, but still I got a message that smuggler plane escaped.

Edit: I tried the mission 4 again and this time waited a bit longer before firing on Yak, now I did not get the same message. I destroyed almost all units and after a while I got the RTB message, but score for mission was only 60. I guess I missed something?

Hi mate

I made this campaign quite some time ago and it could be that 2.9 update messed up a few things.

I'll try and find some time next weekend to have a look.

Thanks for reporting 👍

• Like 1

System specs:

There were indeed some errors in mission 3, when the player selected the "Easy" option. They are fixed now and I uploaded an updated version of my campaign (v1.4)

@Simonster83; I suppose, either you were the first one to try the "easy" option in mission 3, or nobody before you bothered to make the bug report 😅 

As for mission 4:

I tried, but all seemed to be working fine on my side. (It's quite difficult though to properly test, if you exactly know what needs to be done and when). But if you follow the flightplan and the radio orders, it should all work. Just don't rush it. Oh and about those mission results/score; don't pay too much attention to that. I don't find that stuff very important, so I didn't spend too much time on some fancy scoring system 😉

System specs: