4090 new card HP Reverb G2 Echo in headset

F18mech

After changing graphics card to suprim 4090 from AMD 6900XT, Realtek 2.0 usb sound now has an echo that will only stop if shut off from windows settings app.

I have uninstalled/ Reinstalled the Reverb and the drivers for Realtek sound card…

I think you must do various things...

First of all, be sure that in microphone properties , in the listen tab, all record devices have the listen this device uncheked...

Disable your nvidia sound devices.(this is mandatory)

Also disable mirror headset audio blah blah in the wmr portal.

And make sure that in realtek your settings are like the photo.

realtek setting.jpg

Think you will solve this.

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Performed all the suggested details to cure this. Nothing fixed. I decided to try  redownload of the driver from Nvidia. This cured the echo that has been in all the devices I had. The monitors, the headsets i even had a Bose headset that would not connect properly...

This worked for about an hour and the computer crashed and echos returned....

I downloaded the studio driver vice the gamer driver and have had the set running about two hours so far...  

No sonic wave...it seems the realtek is starting the same time the hp reverb boots. There is a conflict with the two.   I can stop the echo by muting the realtek app in windows sounds settings but it reboots next time you restart the reverb g2... 

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question, did you check in your MR properties that "create audio echo when MR is open" is disabled? if the third button i enabled you hear the wmr sound also in your desktop

audio y voz.jpg

And also in your sound properties that none of the devices in the record tab has the "hear this device option" checked in the listen tab?

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

On 1/20/2023 at 1:47 PM, firefox121 said:

Silly question, did you check in your MR properties that "create audio echo when MR is open" is disabled? if the third button i enabled you hear the wmr sound also in your desktop

audio y voz.jpg

And also in your sound properties that none of the devices in the record tab has the "hear this device option" checked in the listen tab?

Sorry just saw this.... Yes the Audio to desktop was disabled. 

I have done multiple updates on software in the few weeks working with DCS and the new hardware. somewhere along the line the echo quit. Cannot pinpoint where...  

• Like 1

Glad to see that, enjoy your reverb g2, I've tried all from oculus, and for me, today is the best quality/graphics headset for buying.