ATTN MOD CREATORS/USERS- would you be interested in a independent MOD website

Hairdo1-1

Do you want a DCS mods dedicated website?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would creators/users want a dedicated Mods site?

• Yes, a website would be great!
    • No, I only want to use the forum/user files

This community has great talent in regards to mods but the forum is kind of a mess and the user files section is not particularly helpful in finding what you’re looking for. Would a separate website where creators could upload/update their work which would be more user friendly than what we have now. Flightsim.to has done a great job of this for MSFS,

• Like 1

Not sure we need yet another website, but agree the existing one is a bit of a trial to navigate. Currently it has about 18000 downloads you can pick from, some of them so old I'm sure if you looked real hard you could find an original model of Noah's Arc.  Many of them are of no use what so ever now, long since defunct and they should/could be removed, BUT, nobody seems bothered enough to do that.  I used to leave my stuff on there until the numbers stopped going upwards, then remove them.  A little bit of housekeeping works wonders. 

That said many of the current crop of modders dont use it anyway, they have their own threads and add/adjust their stuff that way, which works fine if they keep all the mods to a single page, but once those page numbers mount up that too can be a trial to see whats current.

I say fix what we have first, dont add to the problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

I say fix what we have first, dont add to the problem.

This, it's like standards consolidation, if you try and consolidate 5 overlapping standards with a new one bringing them all together, in a new single standard you get... 6 standards 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 months later...

yes please. 

or at least ED needs to update the damn mods&liveries&etc bullsh*t and make proper categories for dcs. I cannot find what im looking for for hours..... 

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD deselection filters like everything except liveries etc. 

• 3 weeks later...