SilentSparrow
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

We have an M5.2 Tape F-16. However, we don't have many features. So, I would like to list the features not in the M5.2 in the M6.2 Viper which DCS could make:

• Improved IFF system (Mode 5 waveform with better distinction between friendly and enemy aircraft, maybe unclassified)
  • Introduction of AIM-120D missile (two-way datalink, improved navigation and High-Angle Off-Boresight capabilities, a doubled range, but not necessary for DCS)
  • Introduction of more advanced A/G weapons (GBU-39 SDB, GBU-54 LJDAM, unclassified)
  • Integration of improved Link-16 functions with net-centric capability (UI Probably, likely unclassified)
  • Integration of a new Universal Armament Interface to standardize communication between the aircraft and the weapons, illuminating the need for new OPF tapes with every new weapon system (UI again, probably unclassified)
  • "Clean-up" tape (intended as correction to imperfections found in earlier phases, which are just bug fixes so nothing classified)
  • Included minor updates like Auto GCAS capability nearly eliminating Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT) accidents, a leading cause of F-16 loss of pilot and aircraft accidents. This is probably unclassified.

I might be wrong about some things, but I would like to make a feature request: I hope we can add as many of the unclassified features as possible. Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

Sorry about my ranting, yeah, I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see tape upgrade to M5.2 or M6.2 even and more weapon choices on our Viper like EGBU-12, GBU-39 SDB and GBU-54 LJDAM.

Improves IFF and Link 16 would be great too, not to mention GCAS 😉

Currently, our Viper feels like its missing some of the features, HSD seems bare bone, not much we can do with it except select STPT, send SPI data, and PDLT,

CNTL page on various weapons don't have all features implemented, Radar also some stuff is not finctional etc.

I'd love to see that stuff implemented first.

They maybe upgrade to tape M5.2 or even M6.2 in the future as Viper 2, who knows, I'd love it to happen. The more modern we can go the better.

Edited by Furiz
  • Thanks 1