Mouse Cursor Disappears

I use the mouse to perform several functions inside of the cockpit by clicking or spinning various switches, knobs and/or buttons.  In DCS, the mouse cursor is a little cross-hair, which changes appearance slightly if it is hovered precisely over one of the clickable switches within the cockpit, as opposed to just placing its location into space.  If the mouse is left alone to fly the jet, and is not in motion for a period of time, the cursor will basically disappear which I believe is standard for everybody.  However in the past, up until just recently, when I would reach back down and move the mouse the little cross-hair would reappear on the screen and be available for use.  On several occasions as of just recent, the cursor will not come back, which could last for upward of several minutes.  My mouse is a wireless devise, so I changed the AA-battery hoping it was something as easy as that, however this issue continues.

Anyone else experiencing anything like that?  Or had in the past?   

So yes, it is very hard to tell! Unless it is hovered over a (any) clickable switch to perform some function, then clicking will do nothing anyway, but without knowing if it is or not it appears as if it is not working at all.  I will check out that link, thank you.

• 4 months later...

I keep having this same issue and I can't get through the cold start checklist (F-14).  It is a wireless USB mouse, but the mouse works just fine.  When I hit ESC the mouse pointer reappears.  When I resume it disappears and I can't operate the necessary switches to get through the checklist.  I'm confident this is a legitimate bug in the game unrelated to user hardware.  I'm using DCS World Steam version 2.8.4.39731 on Windows 11.

• 2 months later...

This is a feature not a bug. The cursor disappears a few seconds after you stop moving the mouse. (You mean on a regular display, not in VR, right?)

Also note the LAlt+C function which changes the mouse between looking around mode (where you will see no cursor even when moving the mouse, but your head will pan/tilt) and clicking on the cockpit mode (where you will of course see the cursor when you move the mouse).

Might either of these explain it or is it something else?