secure horizon

gerd1959

i´m running mad every time i start from parking lot or even after repair (you have to shoot engine down) I will not be able tostart with normal head up display oder second instruments because "horizon secured" I witched any switsches in all thinkable pisition no improvment all time the same

is it a bug or am i too stupit to handel

if anyone has any idea i would bei glad to read about

if you like i will give you full acces to my computer via teamfew so you may check everything in the settings....

thanks for help

At first, thaks for the tip.

I tried that out so far but:

ASI and ADI are sill caged ad the head u display provides me with no further information then altittude no speed no climb ladder or course indicator, i did that after engin start and with external power so that i cm to the conclusion that there must be something mor or different to do----

best rgards for germany

gerd

23 minutes ago, gerd1959 said:

in the options i preset that alignment should be not neccesary or done i will check that and after that i ll run the complet long slignment we will see what will happen ;-))

IIRC you'll still need to validate/follow the short "fast" alignment procedure, AFAIK you can't just spawn and go (unless spawning in a hot aircraft).

Edited by Ramsay
Add video link

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Two ways of doing a faster alignment:
 - If your aircraft was prepared for it, it's possible to do a fast alignment (ALCM). It takes less than two minutes. This corresponds to an aircraft that was fully aligned just before shutdown and not moved by an inch afterwards. In DCS this can be set in the mission editor. This is not possible after a repair.

- When doing a full alignment, you can stop it by switching mode to "NAV" before the end, when an alignment class (4/3/2/1) is displayed upper left in "STS" display mode. Of course you will have more drift in class 4, but it's suitable for A/A

• Like 1