VARJO AERO - DCS native OXR, OXRTK and offset cockpit cursor issues - FIXED!

zildac

So, @mbucchiahas worked his magic yet again, and released a wrapper for Varjo Base that effectively stops the advertisement of the headset as supporting QUAD. The upshot of this is that you can now use the new DCS native OXR, OXRTK (if you so wish), and the offset cursor in the cockpit that has plagued us for a long time is fixed.

Turbo mode now appears to work if you are running OXRTK 1.2.4 so give it a try and see (YMMV).

The wrapper can be found here:

https://github.com/mbucchia/OpenXR-InstanceExtensionsWrapper/releases

Follow the instructions exactly! And don't forget to start DCS.EXE --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR and disable OpenComposite if you were using it previously

Based on my limited testing, I am actually seeing a 2FPS increase in performance over using Open Composite.

And remember, a Varjo Base update will very likely overwrite these changes, so you'll have to redo them, or preferably use a Mod Manager to apply and remove them.

Enjoy, and thanks to @mbucchiafor getting this sorted in less than 48 hours!

Edited by zildac
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I think I will hold out for hopefully an official fix from ED on this issue which I hope will be sooner rather than later, instead of modding the file. This is certainly awesome for you guys that want something quicker and do not mind modding.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah guys, let´s donate @mbucchia and send him BIG THANKS for his effort.

If you hear (read) this.....you are a hero for us Varjo Aero users 😉 Cheerz!

• Like 1

"...dont kill me because i´m calling the F-16 the Fighting Falcon...i´m born in 1977 ;)"

MY SYSTEM: Intel i9 13900KF @ 24x 3,0Ghz | MSI Pro Z690-A DDR5 | NVidia Geforce RTX 4090 | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64Gb RAM @5200Mhz | Varjo Aero | 2x Samsung 980Pro M.2 NVMe SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Rudder | Win10 Pro | DCS Open Beta | Voice Attack
MOTION RIG: DOF Reality H6 with new SFU motors + Witmotion Sensor (Motion Compensation)
CURRENTLY FLYING: F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-14A/B Tomcat | AH-64D Apache

I would like to express my full gratitude for the ingenious software solutions that mbuchia provided us and enabled us to use our VR headset. He helped us out of the muddy mess. Thanks a million! You are our hero! I want to return the favor with a donation

• Like 1

12 hours ago, evensen007 said:

I don't know why he even bothers helping us with all the headaches he gets from both ED and Varjo, but I am extremely grateful and happy he does. I hope he knows that. 

Thank you, though this message is a little overdramatic and could be misinterpreted 🙂

Varjo loaned me an Aero eventually, and they haven't been any trouble.

ED did not want to implement the render target hint at this time, and it's totally their right to make decisions on what they put/don't put in their product.

Edited by mbucchia
  • Like 2

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

This is great news. I had asked Varjo in the past for an option to disable quad output and they said not possible lol. 

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

5 hours ago, motoadve said:

I am pretty new to DCS, what does this do exactly?

Fixes the mouse un accuracy for clicking inside the cockpit?

I am not using any tools, but if it fixes the mouse , I will install it.

Fixing the mouse is one of the benefits, yes.

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

It is;

--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

37 minutes ago, motoadve said:

It does not work for me.

I do this and DCS starts but not in VR, can anyone tell what am I doing wrong?

I changed target in the exe to :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --force_VR --force_OpenXR

nullnullnull

image.png

image.png

image.png

What are the extra files you have in the Varjo Base OpenXR directory?

Here is mine:

null

image.png

16 minutes ago, dburne said:

It is;

--force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

Hmm I copied the string straight from the BN post after the hotfix. TBH as I have my DCS settings to enable VR by default I don't need the first parm anyway.

@dburne Oops my cock up...have edited the first post!

Edited by zildac

They were re named original files, which I reverted to the original name.
Now looks like this.

null
image.thumb.png.783b81b2c8ff31bc88d9c2d639045316.png
Have you tried a long clean and repair?

2 hours ago, motoadve said:

They were re named original files, which I reverted to the original name.

Now looks like this.

null

image.png

Why did you rename those files at all... nothing in the instructions says to do that.

Your VarjoOpenXR.dll is now called VaarjoOpenXR.dll (two 'a'). That ain't gonna work.

Edited by mbucchia

Why did you rename those files at all... nothing in the instructions says to do that.
Your VarjoOpenXR.dll is now called VaarjoOpenXR.dll (two 'a'). That ain't gonna work.
Good spot, yup that'll be why

7 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Because I suck at this PC mods stuff, and was afraid I could screw things up, which I did.😄

Now I was able to make it work and everything is working great.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnerski said:

Just discovered that this MOD breaks MSFS VR. Is there a easy work  around to this problem? I know I can reinstall the old .json .

Works fine with my setup, just flew a 25 min flight in MSFS VR with this mod.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

17 hours ago, Burnerski said:

Just discovered that this MOD breaks MSFS VR. Is there a easy work  around to this problem? I know I can reinstall the old .json .

There's no reason it would break MSFS.

To remove, you can find the instructions on the download page (see top post).

Edited by mbucchia

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Burnerski:

Also not for me, everything works as before, no problems at all!

"...dont kill me because i´m calling the F-16 the Fighting Falcon...i´m born in 1977 ;)"

MY SYSTEM: Intel i9 13900KF @ 24x 3,0Ghz | MSI Pro Z690-A DDR5 | NVidia Geforce RTX 4090 | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64Gb RAM @5200Mhz | Varjo Aero | 2x Samsung 980Pro M.2 NVMe SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Rudder | Win10 Pro | DCS Open Beta | Voice Attack
MOTION RIG: DOF Reality H6 with new SFU motors + Witmotion Sensor (Motion Compensation)
CURRENTLY FLYING: F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-14A/B Tomcat | AH-64D Apache